X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah but the difference is that none of the storylines in this movie went anywhere. They had no real big bad again so you can do lots of stories without it getting in the way. The movie is good because none of the storylines are real big, they are all secondary stories.

They have a real problem come the third movie since the only real villain they have left is Mandarin and that is quite a big story. Since IM3 wont be coming out supposedly until after the Avengers that is going to be hard to do any set up for. Maybe instead of the misplaced "I hate my father" (which was ridiculously forced and made no sense) storyline in this one they should have put in some lead up to Mandarin.
    I don't disagree. But, what's nice is after the Avengers they could do a film that is entirely Mandarin and Iron Man focused without all the "other stuff" going on. That could work. Or, they'll blow it like most of the 3's have been blown and make an X-Men or Spiderman 3 clown.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      The 'throw too much crap at the wall and see what sticks' disaster. Think Spiderman 3, or Batman and Robin for the prototypes of said disaster.
      Cough Dark Knight cough. Each sequel depends more on the crutch of brute force computer graphics. Call it the Michael Baysian Theorem of film production.

If they ever do Avatar 2, it will consist of having your face smashed with an SGI Workstation for 2 hours.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Cough Dark Knight cough. Each sequel depends more on the crutch of brute force computer graphics. Call it the Michael Baysian Theorem of film production.

If they ever do Avatar 2, it will consist of having your face smashed with an SGI Workstation for 2 hours.
        Dark Knight was fantastic. It's why I think Mandarin/Iron Man 3 can be pulled off. Although, I give it about a 20% chance.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Dark Knight was fantastic. It's why I think Mandarin/Iron Man 3 can be pulled off. Although, I give it about a 20% chance.
          Kepler hates Dark Knight
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Kepler hates Dark Knight
            To be fair, The Departed sucked without using any CGI at all.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              As opposed to the first which did that for 3 hours???
              Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                As opposed to the first which did that for 3 hours???
                I'm just saying, the second one would be even more painful, and yeah, I find it hard to imagine too.
                Cornell University

Comment

Hey I am all for it if it leads to more Post Avatar Suicides

I never saw Avatar...and ya know I dont even care
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hey I am all for it if it leads to more Post Avatar Suicides

I never saw Avatar...and ya know I dont even care
                    Clean that gene pool, please.

And yeah, I haven't seen it either and have no wont to do so.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Has anyone seen Taking Woodstock? the movie was solid I guess, but Emile Hirsch's character served no purpose, I don't understand why he was in the movie, it was just annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsFan93 View Post
                        Has anyone seen Taking Woodstock? the movie was solid I guess, but Emile Hirsch's character served no purpose, I don't understand why he was in the movie, it was just annoying.
                        I have it on my coffee table right now. Probably will watch it tomorrow.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Taking Woodstock

Meh. I don't know what the hell it was supposed to be. Pretty much every documentary I've seen on Woodstock (and including the Woodstock movie) was more entertaining than this. Scattered, the main plot was glossed over, IMO, it just seemed randomly thrown together.

As for Emile's character, I guess maybe he was a voice of the main character: past, present, and future (what he was, what he is, and what is to become of him?). I don't know. No one seemed to have a purpose.

Skip it.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I saw Hot Tub Time Machine...it was hilarious

Also, movie theaters with bars = EPIC
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I saw Hot Tub Time Machine...it was hilarious

Also, movie theaters with bars = EPIC
                              Yes it was.

Caught "Citizen Kane" on TCM a couple days ago and "Himself-Bill Cosby" on Retroplex today.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I re-watched Iron Man last night, then saw 2 tonight. I liked 2 pretty much as well as the first. Fun movies, and great to watch.
                                Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                                -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                                X