• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Big McLargehuge
    Thick McRunfast
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

Red Rock West (Cage, Hopper)

It was an okay movie. Parts of it were really good, some decent twists, and other times the acting was so bland and non-descriptive it drove me nuts. Hopper was Hopper, of course. That's always entertaining.

Worth a see if you just want to watch a movie and aren't particular.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wow, the reviews on RottenTomatoes really like MacGruber.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

The Hurt Locker

Pretty good movie. Slower-paced for most of it, which worked in this setting. You definitely get involved with the characters, too. I could have done without the action tangent towards the end, but oh well.

Definitely should see it.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Finally finished watching Planet Earth. What a beautiful documentary.

I'm also glad I didn't buy it because I probably wouldn't watch it again or wouldn't watch it any time soon to justify dropping 40 dollars plus on the set.
            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              The Hurt Locker

Pretty good movie. Slower-paced for most of it, which worked in this setting. You definitely get involved with the characters, too. I could have done without the action tangent towards the end, but oh well.

Definitely should see it.
              Yep.

Went and saw Ironman 2 Thursday. Clearly, its not Shakesphere, but it delievers on what its suppost to be, an action comedy for Marvel fanboys. Seemed to me they stayed pretty true to most of the Ironman canon, and put together a pretty good action movie. Rothman was great as Justin Hammer, the swarmy second fiddle to Stark, who could never quite best him no matter how much he wanted to.

and just an FYI, and not to Spoil anything, be sure to stick around for after the credits.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Saw IM2 today. It's ok, but I enjoyed the first one much more. Both Rothman and Rourke are fun. Johansson is possibly the only beautiful actress since 1959.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Up In The Air

Great movie. While Anna Kendrick (the young upstart) overdid her "all business" character at first (think: robot delivery), she eventually started actually acting in the movie. Clooney and Farmiga work well together, and the story was really good. Brings up a few good points about lifestyles and such, and it was really entertaining.

On the "should see" list.

Comment

Well, Godfather's on ABC, so I guess I'm staying up until 4 am."

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      Yep.

Went and saw Ironman 2 Thursday. Clearly, its not Shakesphere, but it delievers on what its suppost to be, an action comedy for Marvel fanboys. Seemed to me they stayed pretty true to most of the Ironman canon, and put together a pretty good action movie. Rothman was great as Justin Hammer, the swarmy second fiddle to Stark, who could never quite best him no matter how much he wanted to.

and just an FYI, and not to Spoil anything, be sure to stick around for after the credits.
                      I am actually off to see this now, I have been surprised by some of the reactions from fanboys and reviewers it isnt nearly as ZOMG!!!1!!1!1! RDJ AZ TONY IZ DA GRATEST OF ALLZ TIMES!!1!11

And why wait til after the credits...just go on youtube

That reminds me though, I don't get this whole "lets put another scene after the credits" bs. It was cute for a couple minutes as a way to kind of have fun, but now like every movie does it so it has become beyond cliche. Here is an idea, put the scene in the movie so that way the people who paid 10 bucks to see your movie dont have to worry about seeing 8 minutes worth of credits...trust me they dont care who the key grip is
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Well, Godfather's on ABC, so I guess I'm staying up until 4 am."
                        You don't own Godfather?
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          You don't own Godfather?
                          i own it and I still watch at least a few minutes every time I see it on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                            i own it and I still watch at least a few minutes every time I see it on TV.
                            I usually watch until a commercial and then think, "**** that's a good movie, I'll watch it without these ****wit interruptions."
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I am actually off to see this now, I have been surprised by some of the reactions from fanboys and reviewers it isnt nearly as ZOMG!!!1!!1!1! RDJ AZ TONY IZ DA GRATEST OF ALLZ TIMES!!1!11

And why wait til after the credits...just go on youtube

That reminds me though, I don't get this whole "lets put another scene after the credits" bs. It was cute for a couple minutes as a way to kind of have fun, but now like every movie does it so it has become beyond cliche. Here is an idea, put the scene in the movie so that way the people who paid 10 bucks to see your movie dont have to worry about seeing 8 minutes worth of credits...trust me they dont care who the key grip is
                              Its not like you got to watch the credits, you can get up, stretch, gather up your belongings, and if you want to be nice, your trash as well. maybe check your phone for messages and talk amongst your friends as well.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I am posting this during the credits

The movie was good worth my seven bucks!

Extra scene was kinda meh
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X