X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    That is a good way of putting it.

But, if you want to explore this genre, this is a must see.
    It's a must-see in the genre. Others to see: "Three The Hard Way" "Super Fly" "Coffy"
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Saw "Charade" last night with my daughter, an Audrey Hepburn fan. It was ok but it tried too hard. Everybody is in that film, though: George Kennedy, James Coburn (with an atrocious Texan accent), Cary Grant, Walter Matthau...
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I didn't think Clash of the Titans was that good. I thought Percy Jackson was a much better. It just seemed to be missing a lot in the plot.
        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

watched "Black Dynamite" last night. Yeah, it's stupid, cheesy and over the top, but that's the point. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
            watched "Black Dynamite" last night. Yeah, it's stupid, cheesy and over the top, but that's the point. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
            Another convert.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Finally got around to Donnie Darko last night. I didn't think it lived up to the hype I'd heard about it, but it was interesting enough to keep me watching. The mind of a schizophrenic is a terrifying place.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                The mind of a schizophrenic is a terrifying place.
                You've been reading Foxton's posts again, haven't you?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  You've been reading Foxton's posts again, haven't you?
                  If I'm going to have a past, present, or future, I'd prefer it to be multiple choice.

Comment

The Good The Bad And The Ugly:

I had seen parts of this in the past, but never saw the full 3 hour uncut version start to finish.

Really good. Some suspense scenes overdid it a little, could have cut a few seconds here and there, but it wasn't terrible. Love the character development, the different levels of "morality/ethics" considering the behaviors of the 3 main characters.

As for the acting, really good, considering the genre.

Overall, if you haven't seen it, you really should.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Saw Jennifer's Body...

Awful...Even Megan Fox's attractiveness couldn't save it.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Saw Transformers 2...

Awful...Even Megan Fox's attractiveness couldn't save it.
                        I think you meant this.

But maybe not.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Overall, if you haven't seen it, you really should.
                          Also a great sound track. Not just the theme song, but all the music is interesting. Once Upon a Time in the West is similarly cool in acting, themes and music.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Also a great sound track. Not just the theme song, but all the music is interesting. Once Upon a Time in the West is similarly cool in acting, themes and music.
                            Agreed. The music was outstanding.

Comment

Go see Kick *** NOW. One of the most original, stimulating, movies I have ever seen. Definitely the best movie I have seen in quite some time.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                                Go see Kick *** NOW. One of the most original, stimulating, movies I have ever seen. Definitely the best movie I have seen in quite some time.
                                I love when people say it is original seeing as it is based on a comic book. The book was original, the movie not so much...unless you think every book that was turned into a movie is original and groundbreaking
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X