X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Feel good movie of the year!
    How does that movie make anyone "feel good" about anything? I mean, it makes you think about things, but it was weird and depressing, I thought anyways.
    Application for Admission to the WCHA:
    http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
    Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
    Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
    All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
      Or they could be pumping out another gas that doesn't work for humans to breath in. I believe they mentioned why shortly after Jake arrived on the planet.
      I don't know man, one thought I had that wouldn't have make the Biochemistry really crazy would be that Pandora just has too high of a CO2 concentration for humans to be able to breath out CO2. That would kinda explain why Jake kinda looks like he's drowning at the end of the final battle there.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
        How does that movie make anyone "feel good" about anything? I mean, it makes you think about things, but it was weird and depressing, I thought anyways.
        *****http://www.tynansanger.com/uploaded_images/sarcasm_detector-710628.jpg******

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          *****http://www.tynansanger.com/uploaded_images/sarcasm_detector-710628.jpg******
          Touche.
          Application for Admission to the WCHA:
          http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
          Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
          Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
          Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
          All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Caddyshack 2 is not a very good movie.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              I don't know man, one thought I had that wouldn't have make the Biochemistry really crazy would be that Pandora just has too high of a CO2 concentration for humans to be able to breath out CO2. That would kinda explain why Jake kinda looks like he's drowning at the end of the final battle there.
              Either way it's just the atmosphere of the planet being hostile to human life, and there's no requirement that plants on pandora would function the same as plants on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                Caddyshack 2 is not a very good movie.
                They never made Caddyshack 2.

I SAID, they never made Caddyshack 2.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Finally got around to seeing Pelham 123 last night.

Not a terrible movie. Not a great movie.

Pretty predictable story line for the most part. I've always been a Denzel fan so I enjoyed some of the parts where his character came out.

John Travolta doesn't do it for me anymore I guess.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    They never made Caddyshack 2.

I SAID, they never made Caddyshack 2.
                    I agree.
                    I refuse to believe that the awesomeness of Caddyshack has been tarnished by a terrible sequel.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I agree.
                      I refuse to believe that the awesomeness of Caddyshack has been tarnished by a terrible sequel.
                      I'd like to play for you a little thing I call "Slapshot 2."
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        And then we'll play Slap Shot 3 just for good measure.
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

• Avatar - meh. Great visually, but there was cliched dialogue, cliched characters, as already noted before it was DWW in space, it was annoying they simply took humans and made them taller and bluer (did the women really need breasts?), they gave hyenas and panthers armor or metallic skin, horses 6 legs, etc., etc., etc. I was simply annoyed throughout the entire movie.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Finally got around to seeing Pelham 123 last night.

Not a terrible movie. Not a great movie.

Pretty predictable story line for the most part. I've always been a Denzel fan so I enjoyed some of the parts where his character came out.

John Travolta doesn't do it for me anymore I guess.
                            I havent seen the new one. However, I did netflix the original. It wasnt bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              And then we'll play Slap Shot 3 just for good measure.
                              Neither of those films exist so I have no idea what you're talking about.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                                I havent seen the new one. However, I did netflix the original. It wasnt bad.
                                The old one has a Taxi Driver scent-of-urine 70's ambiance. The new one's slicker but has no character. Much like the evolution of NYC itself -- the difference between Walter Matthau and Denzel says it all. (And before the angry city urchins start, I'd choose to live in 2009 NYC over 1974 NYC any day. I like my garbage workers not on strike.)
                                Last edited by Kepler; 12-28-2009, 02:50 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X