X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
    How the movie was made, doesn't change the overall result. Just because it looks pretty doesn't mean you have to like the story.

Correct. I was however not inferring that the overall result would change. I was trying to stress that if he didn't care for the movie then he's in for a tough run going forward.
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

It is amazing to me that some dumbasses can't figure out how to use the multi-quote button.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        It is amazing to me that some dumbasses can't figure out how to use the multi-quote button.
        Yeah even I know how to do that!
        Application for Admission to the WCHA:
        http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
        Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
        Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
        All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
          It was directed at your comment on the CGI and 3D. Meaning, that pretty much all movies in the future will have elements of how this movie was made and produced.
          Then I hope others use them in a manner that I enjoy more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
            Then I hope others use them in a manner that I enjoy more.
            They wont until the movies start bombing...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
              So...as a person with a biology background I was curious how a colleague of mine would describe things in Avatar. She said while the special effects were good the story was awful (she agreed with the general "Dances with Wolves in space" idea). Also as a scientist it was hard to fully suspend disbelief and that many of the animals were just plain annoying in that there adaptations seemed totally unneccessary IE they made them crazy just to make them crazy. I have a feeling that with my background I too would find it annoying.
              The only one I thought was outright crazy was the Da Vinci helicopter one.

Spoiler stuff
              The link up mechanism is strange at first, but then its original use could be just for mating, and the Na'vi could simply be taking advantage of that to help them interact with the other creatures. There are ones they can freely link up with, such as the horse creatures, while others only allow one, such as the flying ones. There's also a world spanning entity, which could also account for directing certain creatures to go in more extreme directions than they really needed to.

Comment

It's going to change the way movies are made from this point forward.
                Guess I'm not going to movies anymore.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

The only one I thought was outright crazy was the Da Vinci helicopter one.
                  Speaking of helicopters (and maybe this is what you are getting at but I dont know since I havent seen it and probably wont for quite a while)....my friend mentioned something about a primary ship they use being some kind of helicopter thing. Her first thought and mine after she described it was...if this is supposed to be so far into the future...why are we still using prop based flight? Shouldnt they have some kind of like ion drive hover dohicky or something? They have the technology in this movie to create these avatars and put people into suspended animation/cryosleep for extreme journeys through space...but we still used planes with props.

Comment

It was directed at your comment on the CGI and 3D. Meaning, that pretty much all movies in the future will have elements of how this movie was made and produced.
                    No, pretty much all summer blockbusters will have elements of this. Your standard dramas / comedies won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                      Speaking of helicopters (and maybe this is what you are getting at but I dont know since I havent seen it and probably wont for quite a while)....my friend mentioned something about a primary ship they use being some kind of helicopter thing. Her first thought and mine after she described it was...if this is supposed to be so far into the future...why are we still using prop based flight? Shouldnt they have some kind of like ion drive hover dohicky or something? They have the technology in this movie to create these avatars and put people into suspended animation/cryosleep for extreme journeys through space...but we still used planes with props.
                      Actually I was talking about this one little flying creature that flies like a Da Vinci helicopter for no reason what so ever.

The reason for this is alluded to in the movie when they go into the floating mountains. More complex technology is rendered useless by the powerful magnetic fields on the planet. The technology they have on the planet is the max that they can use reliably so they don't fall out of the sky. It's only set in the year 2148, so it's not that far in the future.

Which is sort of a contradiction since they never really explain how the Avatar system works, and that stretches seemingly without limit.

Comment

Saw Brick tonight. Excellent; highly recommend.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I watched Adaptation last night...what an odd movie though enjoyable. Cage was really good as was Chris Cooper.
                          I agree with this entire post. Very odd, and very well acted.

Comment

Watched "21" tonight.

Well, if you want an entertaining story about counting cards, this is your movie. Spacey is awesome in it, of course.

If you want to know the real story (which to me is just as entertaining, if not moreso than this movie), watch the Breaking Vegas episode on the History Channel.

Yeah, that's about all I got.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Actually I was talking about this one little flying creature that flies like a Da Vinci helicopter for no reason what so ever.

The reason for this is alluded to in the movie when they go into the floating mountains. More complex technology is rendered useless by the powerful magnetic fields on the planet. The technology they have on the planet is the max that they can use reliably so they don't fall out of the sky. It's only set in the year 2148, so it's not that far in the future.

Which is sort of a contradiction since they never really explain how the Avatar system works, and that stretches seemingly without limit.
                              Ah. That would explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Saw Brick tonight. Excellent; highly recommend.
                                Starring MNS?
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X