This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

Fitting a new thread needs to be opened the week Avatar opens.

Who's going to go see it? I'm planning on seeing it in Imax if possible.

I know there are plenty of people who are boycotting it but I'm pretty excited to see it. It looks very good and usually James Cameron delivers when it comes to good movies.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

I don't have any interest in going to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

I know there are plenty of people who are boycotting it but I'm pretty excited to see it. It looks very good and usually James Cameron delivers when it comes to good movies.
      Lotta Boo Birds on this one, but I plan on seeing it in the theater at some point. It may end up like the last Boo Bird film and I don't make it, but for now I'm planning on it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm very interested in seeing Avatar, but Mrs. EoDS is pretty wishy washy on it.

Meanwhile, I'm on the hunt for Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think it looks horrible despite the fact that I like a lot of people involved in it. If I see it I will find a cheap showing in a month or two.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
            I don't have any interest in going to see it.
            ditto, although I will probably rent it.

Comment

Not interested at all. May add it to the netflix queue at some point, but even that's not a given.

Comment

Caught the Fantastic Mr. Fox over the weekend, and really enjoyed it.

Has anyone seen Invictus? I might try to take that one in this week.

I also may go see Avatar eventually..

prez, you say "many people are boycotting it", do you mean actually boycotting for a reason, or just have no interest in it?
                Last edited by Gibber; 12-14-2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                  Caught the Fantastic Mr. Fox over the weekend, and really enjoyed it.

Has anyone seen Invictus? I might try to take that one in this week.

I also may go see Avatar eventually..

prez, you say "many people are boycotting it", do you mean actually boycotting for a reason, or just have no interest in it?
                  I heard people don't want to see it aka "boycotting" it out the principle that actors are no longer needed since it is all CGI. Am i wrong with this assumption? Isn't this why Cameron and critics were dubbing it as the movie to change all movies forever?
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

I heard people don't want to see it aka "boycotting" it out the principle that actors are no longer needed since it is all CGI. Am i wrong with this assumption? Isn't this why Cameron and critics were dubbing it as the movie to change all movies forever?
                    oh, I have no idea, but I don't follow movie news and what not. That very well could be the case....

Comment

It's a specious argument. They still need the actors to make the CGI lifelike. They have plenty of "making of" clips from this film and others that show that. You know, the actors with all the little nodes on their bodies to record their movements, etc.

If anything it takes more acting skill to act in front of a green screen that does not even reflect what really is going on in the film.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Harvard Beats Yale 29-29 is worth checking out. I think it's still streaming on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                          Harvard Beats Yale 29-29 is worth checking out. I think it's still streaming on Netflix.
                          Saw that one a couple months ago. I liked it; really loved the old footage.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Transformers:

There were a lot of explosions, hot chicks in tight clothes, and a super-secret government operation. And a big war going on that the general public had no clue about, until half their city was destroyed.

Even it being totally mindless eye candy, I'd have to be really hammered to watch it again. And even then......

Wait, just checked. I guess what I saw was actually called "GI Joe: Rise Of The Cobra."
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just watched the King of Kong. Billy Mitchell is a dick. It really wouldnt surpise me if his tape he sent up to Funspot was a fake. He seems like that kind of guy.

Edit: I just read some more about the film. It does take some liberties and leaves some things out regarding who had highs scores and when. But I stand by my Billy Mitchell is a dick statment.
                              Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 12-14-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X