• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied
    Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    He's on a pretty solid down streak yet will keep getting roles because he ends up in blockbusters.

Other Sam that sucks: Sam Worthington - he's AWFUL.
    What else has he been in lately where he's mailed it in with this level of force?

Leave a comment:

• GreatLakerMohawk
    replied

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    That was Sam Rockwell? He looked sounded and acted completely different to his role in Moon.

Which is to say, he laid a stink bomb in Iron Man 2...Val Kilmer Batman kind of stink bomb. He's capable of so so so much more.
    He's on a pretty solid down streak yet will keep getting roles because he ends up in blockbusters.

Other Sam that sucks: Sam Worthington - he's AWFUL.
    Last edited by GreatLakerMohawk; 05-14-2010, 03:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    I too saw Iron Man 2. It was entertaining (total popcorn movie) but was pretty awful. Sam Rockwell was f-ckin' terrible.
    That was Sam Rockwell? He looked sounded and acted completely different to his role in Moon.

Which is to say, he laid a stink bomb in Iron Man 2...Val Kilmer Batman kind of stink bomb. He's capable of so so so much more.

Leave a comment:

• GreatLakerMohawk
    replied

I too saw Iron Man 2. It was entertaining (total popcorn movie) but was pretty awful. Sam Rockwell was f-ckin' terrible.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation
    Saw Iron Man 2 and was disappointed. Liked the first significantly more than the sequel.
    Agreed. It was okay...but nothing special in my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
    Oh, I don't know. I sort of enjoyed the sequel's character development more. And the cameo by Bill Murray was worth the price of admission.
    It was obviously just a hollow attempt to milk a cash cow, relying on special effects and very light on plot. I am intrigued though with the working title for the completion of the trilogy, "Chinese Democracy." It concerns me that Michael Bay is directing.

Leave a comment:

• ScottM
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Saw your repeat post and was disappointed. Liked the first significantly more than the sequel.
    Oh, I don't know. I sort of enjoyed the sequel's character development more. And the cameo by Bill Murray was worth the price of admission.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Saw your repeat post and was disappointed. Liked the first significantly more than the sequel.
    Badum-CHING!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Terrierbyassociation
    replied

Saw Iron Man 2 and was disappointed. Liked the first significantly more than this one.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

"Triangle" (2005). Another unexpected pleasure from the Netflix urgent queue. Starts out looking like the 400th identical "six yuppies on a three hour cruise let's examine their issues through pop-out horror" and then at about the 30 minute mark you start noticing -- whoa, not only is the acting atypically good, but the plot's interesting and puzzling, and the scares are kinda creepy. By the end I was genuinely fascinating by the movie's central dilemma which, while not completely original, still was built out with enough depth to keep you guessing and caring. Solid A, and I'm as surprised as you are.

Leave a comment:

• thecomicbookguy
    replied

I re-watched Iron Man last night, then saw 2 tonight. I liked 2 pretty much as well as the first. Fun movies, and great to watch.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I saw Hot Tub Time Machine...it was hilarious

Also, movie theaters with bars = EPIC
    Yes it was.

Caught "Citizen Kane" on TCM a couple days ago and "Himself-Bill Cosby" on Retroplex today.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

I saw Hot Tub Time Machine...it was hilarious

Also, movie theaters with bars = EPIC

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Taking Woodstock

Meh. I don't know what the hell it was supposed to be. Pretty much every documentary I've seen on Woodstock (and including the Woodstock movie) was more entertaining than this. Scattered, the main plot was glossed over, IMO, it just seemed randomly thrown together.

As for Emile's character, I guess maybe he was a voice of the main character: past, present, and future (what he was, what he is, and what is to become of him?). I don't know. No one seemed to have a purpose.

Skip it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X