X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    JFC you are a depraved human being.

What's next? Police Academy? Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
    Have you ever seen Major League? That might be decent.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      You may run like Hayes, but you hit like (my sister).

Strike this (guy) out.

Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

I'm hung over, my knees are killin' me and if you're going to pull this (stuff) at least you could've said you were from the Yankees.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Watched King Pin and Law Abiding Citizen both for the first time the last two nights and both were very solid movies.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          Saw Airplane for the first time. Pretty funny.
          "Alright, gimme Hamm on 5, hold the Mayo."

Comment

You may run like Hayes, but you hit like (my sister).

Strike this (guy) out.

Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls.

I'm hung over, my knees are killin' me and if you're going to pull this (stuff) at least you could've said you were from the Yankees.
            Ah, the TNT version, love it.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

JFC you are a depraved human being.

What's next? Police Academy? Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
              I haven't seen Police Academy...however, I do own Monty Python and the Holy Grail as well as the 16 Ton edition of their tv shows (not that I've gotten to watch that since a certain bf "borrowed" it about a year ago )
              Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              Seen that two.
              Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Watched King Pin and Law Abiding Citizen both for the first time the last two nights and both were very solid movies.
              I've seen both of these!

Comment

Did 'ewe mention the movie she saw for the first time the weekend before last? She's a little behind on some of her classic 80's/90's movies. We're working on it.

I haven't seen Police Academy...however, I do own Monty Python and the Holy Grail as well as the 16 Ton edition of their tv shows (not that I've gotten to watch that since a certain bf "borrowed" it about a year ago )
                Pretty sure he returned it a few months ago.

also, you misspelled "too"
                Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                  Did 'ewe mention the movie she saw for the first time the weekend before last? She's a little behind on some of her classic 80's/90's movies. We're working on it.

Pretty sure he returned it a few months ago.

also, you misspelled "too"
                  No -- I didn't mention the fact. (I had never seen any of the Back to the Future movies. I've now seen them all. )

Oh...

And grrr....I hate that!

Comment

Timecrimes. Very, very good, tight, spare time travel paradox -- Heinleinesque except without his incest fantasies. It is one of those rare movies with almost no directorial or acting cliches or crutches at all.

They are ruining, er, remaking it in 2011 with Tom Cruise in much the way his Vanilla Sky was a flaccid remake of the outstanding Open Your Eyes, so I recommend watching it now.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Timecrimes. Very, very good, tight, spare time travel paradox -- Heinleinesque except without his incest fantasies. It is one of those rare movies with almost no directorial or acting cliches or crutches at all.

They are ruining, er, remaking it in 2011 with Tom Cruise in much the way his Vanilla Sky was a flaccid remake of the outstanding Open Your Eyes, so I recommend watching it now.
                      Timecrimes was great... I hate hollywood and and their crappy crappy remakes of good foreign movies (see REC/Quarantine and Let the Right One In)

Comment

Saw Airplane for the first time. Pretty funny.
                        Surely, you can't be serious!

"We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Watched two movies last weekend:

Moon. Very good. An interesting concept, to say the least. An astronaut is on a 3-year solo stint on the far side of the moon, harvesting an element that has solved the world's energy crisis. Towards the end of his time on the moon, crazy **** starts happening and it starts to become evident that he's probably not going back to earth any time soon. There's quite a bit more to it than that, but I won't say anything else, other than Kevin Spacey's voice as the robot is great. I really liked this movie.

The Babysitters. The wife picked this one. Basically, a high school girl needs money to save for college, so she starts babysitting, which leads to her sleeping with the kid's dad who pays her a great deal of money. So she starts her own business, pimping out other underage girls to sleep with other dads they babysit for. John Leguizamo is good, as usual, but there's a reason this ended up on a few "Worst movies of the decade" lists. Not recommended, unless you like being creeped out for an hour and a half.

Comment

• Due to budget problems, "Bond 23" may be pushed back until 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Due to budget problems, "Bond 23" may be pushed back until 2013.
                              Wow? That's a long freaking time.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Due to budget problems, "Bond 23" may be pushed back until 2013.
                                Is "budget problems" a euphemism for "they're having mortal combat over rights and revenue again"?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X