X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I liked that ending. Kinda shows how much had changed, and how Frank was out of place in an area he once ruled.
    First time I saw the expanded on it just felt like it dragged. When it just cut out it was obvious that he was out of place just by how he looked.

Extended ending was like the last LOTR movie. Just didn't seem to end and where it ended wasn't as strong as an early part.
    Last edited by Foxton; 04-24-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
      First time I saw the expanded on it just felt like it dragged. When it just cut out it was obvious that he was out of place just by how he looked.
      I was afraid of the "dragging" factor, which happens with movies like this after the 2 hour mark or so, but it didn't happen with me here. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thinking back, one thing I did notice: the way Denzel portrayed this character was very similar to his character in Training Day. It's good, but still.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Trip to the budget cinema today:

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus: Excellent, and most certainly not what I expected.

The Book of Eli: The film had a weird flow to it that I'd have a hard time describing, but I was totally engrossed in the story, so that must count for something. Gary Oldman is awesome, as always.

Also saw The Lovely Bones on demand earlier in the week. Peter Jackson's an excellent film-maker, but I'm starting to notice that I'm always wishing more from the scripts that he puts together with his writing partners.

Saw a new-ish trailer for Inception. It looks ****ing fantastic. I'm guessing the rest of the Christopher Nolan fiends must be thinking the same thing.

Oh, hey... what's wrong with Quantum of Solace exactly?
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Saw a new-ish trailer for Inception. It looks ****ing fantastic. I'm guessing the rest of the Christopher Nolan fiends must be thinking the same thing.
          Looking at the list of stuff coming out the rest of this year this is easily the movie I am most excited for. It does look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985694/

Yes, this is happening. My Parise, I cannot wait.

HAHA!! Its going to be Steven Seagal's first theatrically released film since 2002.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I saw The Losers and while it isnt the greatest movie ever I enjoyed it quite a bit. Also enjoyed that the first two previews were for The A-Team and The Expendables

Then I saw a preview for a movie with Paul Walker, Hayden Christensen, Chris Brown and T.I. and realized what suck really was!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is now out in theaters; you should all try to see it. Swedish, w/subtitles. Based on Stieg Larsson's book.
                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Up in the Air (2009) - Everyone else has probably seen this before but if you haven't and you enjoy well acted dramas this one is great. Clooney gives an Oscar level performance (though he didn't win) but Vera Farmiga is really the true star of the film. If I had seen this movie before the Oscars I would have been rooting for her for best supporting and would have been disappointed when she didn't win.

Whiteout (2009) - Was this even in the theater? For a detective mystery type story this wasn't any better than the standard fare on TV. Even staring at Kate Beckinsale couldn't save this film.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Whiteout (2009) - Was this even in the theater? For a detective mystery type story this wasn't any better than the standard fare on TV. Even staring at Kate Beckinsale couldn't save this film.
                    It was, it bombed. One of the graphic novels Hollywood should have avoided.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Whiteout (2009) - Was this even in the theater?
                      Dis-A-POINTED!!!

I loved the trailer for this and was looking forward to its release. Funny, I didn't even know it was out yet. Maybe it bombed so badly with the preview groups they went direct to DVD.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Up in the Air (2009) - Everyone else has probably seen this before but if you haven't and you enjoy well acted dramas this one is great. Clooney gives an Oscar level performance (though he didn't win) but Vera Farmiga is really the true star of the film. If I had seen this movie before the Oscars I would have been rooting for her for best supporting and would have been disappointed when she didn't win.

It was in theaters, for a short while. Read the graphic novel, much better.
                        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Oh, hey... what's wrong with Quantum of Solace exactly?
                          Bond snobs are no different than comic book snobs - there's often a film they could have done better.

Comment

Saw Airplane for the first time. Pretty funny.

Comment

Watched the Blind Side last night.....wow..could they have made it any more boring. The story is good, but they could have done it more justice than that.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                                Saw Airplane for the first time. Pretty funny.
                                JFC you are a depraved human being.

What's next? Police Academy? Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X