Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented movies: What do neighbors rent on Netflix ?

Cool site, but I'd like to see the data for all area codes. There are places where the Dorf oeuvre would sweep the first 3 slots.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Murderball:
      Fun fact: The director of Muderball is the guy that shot those new Domino's commercials saying how much their pizza sucked.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        Fun fact: The director of Muderball is the guy that shot those new Domino's commercials saying how much their pizza sucked.
        As someone who works for Dominos, I find those hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Ok...that is going to RULE!

I have a feeling this A-Team might actually hit people with bullets instead of always missing like the previous one
          They've already said as much.

Saw "Pi: Faith In Chaos" tonight.

That was a mindf*. Wow. The chaotic way they filmed the movie really helped show how crazy geniuses can be. I can honestly say that was one of the more "artsy-fartsy Uptown beret-wearing films" I've seen, and I can't say that I didn't like it. Meh plot, but the execution of it was outstanding. If you really want to let your mind go elsewhere for a while, this movie is definitely for you.

And for you non-math fans.....you've been warned. That's all the movie is based on.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Read this in an interview with Jeff Bridges from the AV Club.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/jeff-bridges,36887/

AVC: In another interview, you talked about watching films you’re in—that it’s like watching a home movie, because you remember the nitty-gritty. But you said that when The Big Lebowski comes on, you just have to watch it, the whole thing. What is it about that film that captures your attention?

JB: It’s kind of a masterpiece, man. It’s like The Godfather—I see it on the tube and I think I’m just going to watch a couple of scenes, but I end up watching the whole thing.
            It's good to know that I'm not alone.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Saw "Pi: Faith In Chaos" tonight.

That was a mindf*. Wow.
              I haven't seen that in probably 10 years, but yeah, that was my reaction, too.

Aronofsky is pretty good at making the audience uncomfortable (Requiem for a Dream, anybody?)

Comment

Rented two movies.

Paranormal Activity: Um...it was better than the Blair Witch Project, I suppose. Otherwise, it wasn't really anything special. I do appreciate that it used more conventional horror/suspense methods, where it relies on noises and shadows to cause your imagination's fear to grow, as opposed to some shock monster appearing.

Moon: Really enjoyed this one. Sam Rockwell is fantastic as basically the only person in the movie, along with Kevin Spacey as the computer, Gerty (the constantly changing emoticons to express Gerty's reactions brought some occasionally needed levity to scenes). It builds slowly, revealing a number of its secrets early on, but the point isn't really about some kind of reveal. It's more cerebral and and focuses on the effects of isolation and what it means to be human.

Comment

I Am Legend:

It was pretty good until in went into banal action mode. Unfortunately, Netflix didn't send the director's cut with the other ending (although I read about it online), which yes, would have added to the movie for me.

Frankly, I thought it was more interesting how Will Smith interacted with the peopleless world around him. I caught myself thinking what I would do if I were in his place (not in a deep philosophical way, but random stuff, like see if I could climb on top of the Metrodome, or set up some sort of giant Rube Goldberg with cars/telephone poles, etc).

It's okay for a rental, I suppose.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I Am Legend:

It was pretty good until in went into banal action mode. Unfortunately, Netflix didn't send the director's cut with the other ending (although I read about it online), which yes, would have added to the movie for me.
                    You can see it online as well. That trash they threw in to satisfy test audiences nearly ruined the movie for me.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/...is-is-amazing/

Comment

watched Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen last night.

For those of you who haven't seen it, let me sum it up for you.

Megan Fox! Explosions! Loud noises! Explosions! Loud noises! Explosions!

There, I saved you two and a half hours.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post

I mentioned the same thing earlier in this thread, I believe (I know I posted that somewhere). I think you missed "shot of White House" in there somewhere.

Comment

I Am Legend:

It was pretty good until in went into banal action mode.
                          The only character worthy of a smidgen of empathy was the dog.

Omega Man was better. Hell, Price's Last Man on Earth was better, and that was pretty bad.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post

There better be more Megan Fox than that if I'm going to spend time watching it.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Megan Fox is so hot. Just sayin.
                              Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                              http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                              Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                              Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                              Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                              All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Kurt And Courtney:

Don't bother. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X