Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my teeth!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Anybody else notice NHL Network in HD on their cable systems now?
    We just did tonight.
    You poor man.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

It's always been there, but I don't think I have access to it without buying the sports package.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

By the way: Seriously, NHL??? Really?

http://deadspin.com/reports-nhl-plan...oon-1627363386

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          It's always been there, but I don't think I have access to it without buying the sports package.
          I've had the sports pack and had the NHL network, but never had it in HD till a couple days ago.
          As for expansion, that may be too much. 2 I can to balance out the conferences, 4 seems ridiculous
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            I've had the sports pack and had the NHL network, but never had it in HD till a couple days ago.
            As for expansion, that may be too much. 2 I can to balance out the conferences, 4 seems ridiculous
            Expansion is hilarious when they boot Detroit back West after 3-4 years in the East.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Florida to Quebec
              New team to Portland
              New team to somewhere else West of the Mississippi.

Eventually Islanders to Markham.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I really see Vegas as another Arizona... A team that won't draw for squat... I get that they will be the only game in town.... But I don't see it being a major draw...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Maybe it's just me, but I really see Vegas as another Arizona... A team that won't draw for squat... I get that they will be the only game in town.... But I don't see it being a major draw...
                  Even if I need to accept that Milwaukee will never get a team, it's still a better option than Vegas.

An even better option is Kansas City, which has no NBA competition AND a ready-made arena.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    If this happens, I think it will either be a hit or a flop with zero in between. Either people will go see a game much like people go see shows in Vegas or people will completely ignore the team in favor of other entertainment (shows, gambling, etc.)
                    My Four Favorite teams:
                    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Paging Jim Balsillie...

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Even if I need to accept that Milwaukee will never get a team, it's still a better option than Vegas.

An even better option is Kansas City, which has no NBA competition AND a ready-made arena.
                        And a previous disaster with the Scouts/Rockies/Devils.

I'd give Vegas less than five years before it turns into Arizona/Florida.
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

What about Portland? The Winterhawks fill the Rose Garden every night and instant rivalries with the Canucks and Seattle.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            What about Portland? The Winterhawks fill the Rose Garden every night and instant rivalries with the Canucks and Seattle.
                            I think Portland would be better than Seattle. But how is it as a media market compared to Seattle, Vegas, or KC?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              I think Portland would be better than Seattle. But how is it as a media market compared to Seattle, Vegas, or KC?
                              Portland is 22
                              Seattle is 13
                              Vegas is 42
                              KC is 31
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                                And a previous disaster with the Scouts/Rockies/Devils.
                                Well they gave another team to Atlanta, so nothing is out of the realm of possibility.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X