Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my teeth!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    You get them on-line. CentreIce shows SN intermission shows, but does not show TSN or HNIC. On the USA front, I can watch Bruins intermissions, and I THINK Rangers, but nobody else's (Flyers?).

Now that Sportsnet rules Canadian NHL rights (rites?), maybe I'll get more between periods stuff.
    Same with NHL Gamecenter Live. I can get the FOX sports intermission reports, Sportsnet, and a random one here and there, but HNIC, TSN, and I forget which random US feeds blacked out the intermisson.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I'd like an a la carte option for a team or set of teams. For example, I'd like to watch the Red Sox but not the Brewers. Leafs and Oilers but not the Islanders.

Right now it's all or nothing
    Okay, I get where you're coming from. My fear was the angle of allowing teams to sell their broadcast in non-local territories. Say the Red Wings got on Chicago tv, I'd be blacked out from both Chicago vs whoever and Red Wings vs whoever. As a fan of a non-local team (both for MLB and NHL), it's very convenient to watch my favorite team almost as if I was in-market. I just don't want to see a piecemeal patchwork of blackout territories because Team X was able to get broadcast rights in a bunch of non-local cities.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      MLB really has it simplified: Is the game on ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball? No? No blackout. Is one of the two teams available in your local market? Blacked out.

NHL GCL is just asinine.
      Fark MLB. They allow 6 teams to claim Iowa as home market (MIL, CHC, CHW, STL, KC, MIN), which means on a given night the entire AL and NL central could be blacked out.

Comment

Wang being sued for not selling the team.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=459215
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Sharks strip Marleau and Thornton of captaincy letters, will start camp with no captains at all.
          Sharks say it's an "open competition"
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Sharks strip Marleau and Thornton of captaincy letters, will start camp with no captains at all.
            Sharks say it's an "open competition"
            Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. It's Doug Wilson and Todd throwing hissy fits because they wouldn't waive his NTC
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. It's Doug Wilson and Todd throwing hissy fits because they wouldn't waive his NTC
              So do you think they will get the letters back?
              I don't think they will, although I will say I'm not entirely sure how someone "competes" for captain.
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                So do you think they will get the letters back?
                I don't think they will, although I will say I'm not entirely sure how someone "competes" for captain.
                It doesn't matter who gets named captain, because Thornton and Marleau are still the locker room leaders. Giving someone else the letters is pointless.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

It doesn't matter who gets named captain, because Thornton and Marleau are still the locker room leaders. Giving someone else the letters is pointless.
                  Lies. This is the Polish Prince's ticket to the top. To the top of the useless Sharks, sure, but we all have to start somewhere.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    I see your point with that.
                    My wonder is does something like this have the power to fracture the loocker room.
                    Strange situation out there to say the least.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

It's so stupid, I'm giving Joe and Patty an 80% chance or higher of getting their letters back. Management talked too much this off season about rebuild and culture change, and then did nothing but sign crappy players over and over, so they had to "follow through" on something. Wilson will say something like "Joe and Patty showed how much they really want to lead the team and I feel they've got a new source of drive in them now" and we'll try and forget this whole off season happened.

And then John Scott will be on the ice with Mike Brown as the Kings score a series clinching goal against us in the playoffs and I'll pretend I've always liked Tampa Bay.
                      Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                        And then John Scott will be on the ice with Mike Brown as the Kings score a series clinching goal against us in the playoffs and I'll pretend I've always liked Tampa Bay.
                        Scott was always the playoff linchpin that sent Tech to the Final Five........oh, wait.

Yep, have fun Sharks fans. Enjoy his fights during the regular season, but I do genuinely apologize in advance and am sorry for his ability to actually play hockey. I don't care how much he worked on his skating in the AHL, he's still a glorified, over-sized goon.

Comment

So let me get this straight... it's not too embarrassing for the Stanley Cup to have Todd Bertuzzi's name on it, but the NHL didn't want Krusty to vomit into a cartoon version of it? I know Bettman doesn't have the greatest priorities, but even still...

http://deadspin.com/the-nhl-threaten...n-t-1626577221

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            So let me get this straight... it's not too embarrassing for the Stanley Cup to have Todd Bertuzzi's name on it
                            I don't think you have it straight. Bert's name isn't on the Cup, last I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I don't think you have it straight. Bert's name isn't on the Cup, last I checked.
                              I must've been thinking of Brad May.

Comment

Anybody else notice NHL Network in HD on their cable systems now?
                                We just did tonight.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X