Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my teeth!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    No, but the rhetoric we heard during the lockout was that these type of deals were killing the league. One negotiator famously said "This is a hill we will die on" but the owners haven't exactly been fiscally responsible since...
    Correct. Chuck Fletcher of the Wild basically called this last free agency period "pure insanity" to paraphrase.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Correct. Chuck Fletcher of the Wild basically called this last free agency period "pure insanity" to paraphrase.
      Was that before or after he signed Parise and Suter?

Comment

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

LOL

Parise and Suter were signed BEFORE the last CBA.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No, but the rhetoric we heard during the lockout was that these type of deals were killing the league.
          They negotiated a deal as beast they could and are playing within the deal. These contracts would have been worse 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            They negotiated a deal as beast they could and are playing within the deal. These contracts would have been worse 2 years ago.
            Yeah, Chicago would've stretched them out to 12 or 13-year extensions to get the cap hit for each down to $7 mil/per.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              True. Doesn't change the fact that were headed for another owner lockout next time the contract comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                True. Doesn't change the fact that were headed for another owner lockout next time the contract comes up.
                I think that was inevitable since the day the current CBA was signed, and the same thing will probably happen after the next CBA. It seems to be a fact of life in the NHL.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Schneider signs 7 year 42 million extension with Devils
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Seeming he said "this last" in there, I would be inclined to say after.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      United Center was built in what, '93/'94? So work that $168 million back to 1993 dollars, and you're looking at the equivalent of ~$102.3 million for a fair comparison.
                      1994. The first event held there was WWF SummerSlam...11 days after it opened.
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        1994. The first event held there was WWF SummerSlam...11 days after it opened.
                        You would know that.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          You would know that.
                          Duh. Strangely, that PPV was on a Monday.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Schneider signs 7 year 42 million extension with Devils
                            That's a very good deal for NJ, he's going to be a rock for them.

Comment

Cleary's re-signed in Detroit again. Booze is in the countertop, gentlemen.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Cleary's re-signed in Detroit again. Booze is in the countertop, gentlemen.
                                Not to be outdone, the Sharks re-sign Hannan...and a two more enforcers. This is the worst rebuild ever.
                                Old Monster Records

Comment

Working...
                                X