Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my teeth!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I'm not worried about this year. They have money this year. The problem is 3 years from now, when they have added more FA, and still have several very big contracts on the books. All of the prospects will need a new contract by then, not just 3 of them. They're ok now, and I think they are smart enough to know whats coming. I'm glad they didn't do anything stupid yesterday. See: Capitols and Oilers.
    The cap will continue to rise and in 3 years Vanek will be off the books.

Comment

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Sharks took a day off of stupidity to sign John Scott. I hate this team.
      With a 4th line of Burish/Scott/Brown...what can go wrong?!?!
      Old Monster Records

Comment

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

No charges for Giroux.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/ottawa/story/1.2695782

Flyers captain Claude Giroux says "a misguided attempt at humour" resulted in his Canada Day arrest in Ottawa, according to a statement released Thursday on his team's website.

Giroux spent Tuesday night locked up at an Ottawa police station after an altercation with a male police officer in the ByWard Market in Ottawa.​

Witnesses said Giroux "mocked" the officer and grabbed his buttocks three times, while also swearing at the officer. Giroux was arrested but he was not charged.
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

So Kane and Toews sign for $10.5M a piece for 8 years. Wow. How does Chicago expect to compete with those salaries? According to Capgeek they are only $3.2M under next years cap at the current cap level with only 15 players signed. Even if the cap goes up another $4M or so, that still isn't a lot of room for the needed players. I wouldn't want to make the decisions that are going to have to be made in the very near future.
          My Four Favorite teams:
          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MattS View Post
            So Kane and Toews sign for $10.5M a piece for 8 years. Wow. How does Chicago expect to compete with those salaries? According to Capgeek they are only $3.2M under next years cap at the current cap level with only 15 players signed. Even if the cap goes up another $4M or so, that still isn't a lot of room for the needed players. I wouldn't want to make the decisions that are going to have to be made in the very near future.
            The Blackhawks only plan to dress 14 for each game next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              The Blackhawks only plan to dress 14 for each game next year.
              Good plan.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Remember during the lockout, the owners said not offering lengthy, pricey contracts was a "hill we will die on"?

Me neither.

Comment

Remember during the lockout, the owners said not offering lengthy, pricey contracts was a "hill we will die on"?

Me neither.
                  Every lockout is the owners fault. This proves it.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Every lockout is the owners fault. This proves it.
                    "If those moron players would just speak up and quit signing these stupid deals we offer them, maybe we wouldn't have to keep locking out to take that money away from them," -Every NHL owner. Ever. Since 1994.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The Chicago Blackhawks gave Toews and Kane $168 million.

The United Center cost $175 million to build.

Comment

Well, they got their 2 cups. Now they're getting paid.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The Chicago Blackhawks gave Toews and Kane $168 million.

The United Center cost $175 million to build.
                          United Center was built in what, '93/'94? So work that $168 million back to 1993 dollars, and you're looking at the equivalent of ~$102.3 million for a fair comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            United Center was built in what, '93/'94? So work that $168 million back to 1993 dollars, and you're looking at the equivalent of ~$102.3 million for a fair comparison.
                            $175M is is $278M in 2014 dollars.

Comment

Meh. There's wasn't a salary cap in '94, and the last lockout resolution doesn't fly in the face of these contracts:

The terms included a limit of eight years on contract extensions and seven years on new contracts, a salary floor of US$44 million and a salary cap of US$60 million (a two-year transition period will allow teams to spend up to US$70.2 million in the deal's first season, prorated for the season length, and up to a salary cap of US$64.3 million in the second season), a maximum 50-percent variance in the salaries over the course of a contract, mandatory acceptance of arbitration awards under US$3.5 million, no realignment, and an amnesty period to buy out contracts that do not fit under the salary cap.[44][4

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Meh. There's wasn't a salary cap in '94, and the last lockout resolution doesn't fly in the face of these contracts:
                                No, but the rhetoric we heard during the lockout was that these type of deals were killing the league. One negotiator famously said "This is a hill we will die on" but the owners haven't exactly been fiscally responsible since...

Comment

Working...
                                X