Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my teeth!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    Losing a game like that is just a gut punch. Especially when you have to deal with an insufferable a-hole co-worker that loves the Kings and runs you down at every chance. Fitting end to a terrible week.
    Probably the same feeling everyone at the office gets when they have to listen to you drone on about the same things over and over, for months and years.
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      I'd like to see those #@!*&% Kings suffer some real consequences for falling behind early -- before this season is over!
      Still waiting...

Comment

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

That was a fun game. Now I'd like to see the Rangers take both at MSG to make it interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          That was a fun game. Now I'd like to see the Rangers take both at MSG to make it interesting.
          It's a weird game and a weirder series. Kings up 2 - 0 and have not led for a single second.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

[QUOTE=joecct;5966131]It's a weird game and a weirder series. Kings up 2 - 0 and have not led for a single second.[/QUOTE]

The 3rd period and the OTs looked like a free for all. Even the announcer said it was "chaos on the ice."
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              It's a weird game and a weirder series. Kings up 2 - 0 and have not led for a single second.
              Good catch.

With that fact called to my attention, a small part of me hopes it happens in the next two games as well. OK, it's a small percentage. But it would certainly make for an excellent trivia question in the years ahead.

Heck, a 4-0 series with all games going to O.T. is likely unprecedented. Add the "winner never led" component, and the odds against must be astronomical...

Comment

Taking it one step further: Suppose the Kings win tonight in 3 O.T., then wrap things up Wednesday in 4 O.T. -- still having never held the lead?

EDIT: Kings lead 1-0. /Fanciful Scenario.
                Last edited by pgb-ohio; 06-09-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Okay, the Kings are leading a game in this series for the first time. Let's see how well they handle it.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Is there any doubt that the Kings are on about the most "fortunate" (won't call it lucky) playoff run ever.

Not saying they aren't good or that you don't make your own luck to some extent, but I've never seen a team have more fortunate bounces and puck luck than this team has during these playoffs.

They score with .5 seconds left?

After all of the other bounces, seeing-eye shots and deflections/blocks that go right to a wide open team mate's stick that have resulted in goals these playoffs?

Just give em the Cup now. It's their year.
                    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 06-09-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Is there any doubt that the Kings are on about the most "fortunate" (won't call it lucky) playoff run ever.

Not saying they aren't good or that you don't make your own luck to some extent, but I've never seen a team have more fortunate bounces and puck luck than this team has during these playoffs.

After all of the other bounces, seeing-eye shots and deflections/blocks that go right to a wide open team mate's stick that have resulted in goals these playoffs?

And they get another bounce. 2-0.
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

"I find that the harder I work the luckier I am."

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          "I find that the harder I work the luckier I am."

Again... not saying they aren't good or don't deserve to be winning, but there have been plenty of really hard working teams that didn't win jack.

Comment

Mike Richards gets a bounce. 3-0.

Comment

For Game 4 the Rangers are going to dress Daenarys Targaryen's three dragons and the two giants from north of the wall.

And still lose...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

They did that in 2012 as well
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X