PBS Video Streaming Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBS Video Streaming Problem

Occasionally, I like to go to video.pbs.org in order to watch shows that I've missed. Of late, I've wanted to watch United States of Secrets, but it will not load/stream. I try other PBS programs and they will not load/stream. The white circular "loading/buffering" arrow just keeps turning 'round and 'round. Recently I switched from AT&T DSL (1.5mbps) to high speed Comcast cable internet (50+mbps). Before I switched, I was able to stream PBS video without much problem (maybe the occasional buffering hiccup), but since the change it appears I cannot stream PBS video. Other streaming video such as YouTube and ESPN3 etc are working fine. So I'm wondering what the problem is...

Is this a PBS plug-in problem? A cable internet problem? Something that shouldn't be too difficult to fix by simply making some System Preference changes for Safari on the imac that I use? I've updated my Flash Player--could that be an issue? I'm currently kind of frustrated because I cannot find that much help out there in "googleland" that helps to resolve the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by aygwm2; 06-01-2014, 09:51 AM.
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Re: PBS Video Streaming Problem

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
    Occasionally, I like to go to video.pbs.org in order to watch shows that I've missed. Of late, I've wanted to watch United States of Secrets, but it will not load/stream. I try other PBS programs and they will not load/stream. The white circular "loading/buffering" arrow just keeps turning 'round and 'round. Recently I switched from AT&T DSL (1.5mbps) to high speed Comcast cable internet (50+mbps). Before I switched, I was able to stream PBS video without much problem (maybe the occasional buffering hiccup), but since the change it appears I cannot stream PBS video. Other streaming video such as YouTube and ESPN3 etc are working fine. So I'm wondering what the problem is...

Is this a PBS plug-in problem? A cable internet problem? Something that shouldn't be too difficult to fix by simply making some System Preference changes for Safari on the imac that I use? I've updated my Flash Player--could that be an issue? I'm currently kind of frustrated because I cannot find that much help out there in "googleland" that helps to resolve the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Someone has already uploaded it to YouTube, so I'm watching it there.

Would still like to know why I can't watch video at PBS.?.? Anybody...
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Working...
    X