IIHF World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    USA Hockey never puts in a bid. Wish they would though.
    My guess is they probably don't want to detract from the NHL playoffs... Which is probably a good thing. For a sport that already struggles to gain an identity in this country, why have two events going on simultaneously like that? To me it would hurt both and would probably lead to very sparse world championship game crowds.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: IIHF World Championships

The only reason it was held in Canada in 2008 was because it was the IIHF centennial and they wanted to have it in the birthplace of hockey.

We essentially have a playoff spot locked up. Hold the tiebreaker over Finland and Belarus, so as long as we don't get into a three or four way tiebreaker with Latvia I don't see how we would lose a spot.

EDIT: ...and with Russia taking down Germany that is now confirmed. US is into the quarterfinals.
      Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 05-18-2014, 02:59 PM.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        The only reason it was held in Canada in 2008 was because it was the IIHF centennial and they wanted to have it in the birthplace of hockey.

We essentially have a playoff spot locked up. Hold the tiebreaker over Finland and Belarus, so as long as we don't get into a three or four way tiebreaker with Latvia I don't see how we would lose a spot.

EDIT: ...and with Russia taking down Germany that is now confirmed. US is into the quarterfinals.
        For how bad this team has played in some games, getting to the Quarters is pretty good.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Ovechkin taken to the hospital in Belarus during the game against Germany.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Ovechkin taken to the hospital in Belarus during the game against Germany.
            Putin will be invading Germany after that one.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

who do we get in the quarters?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                who do we get in the quarters?
                Depends on what happens in the next two days. US has one more game Tuesday against Germany. Probably Sweden or Canada.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Beat Germany 5-4 earlier this morning, so here's the scenarios:

If Belarus beats Russia in regulation, we'll play the Swedes.

If the Russians can go undefeated in pool play, or just take the game into OT, we'll play the winner of France and the Czech Republic.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Beat Germany 5-4 earlier this morning, so here's the scenarios:

If Belarus beats Russia in regulation, we'll play the Swedes.

If the Russians can go undefeated in pool play, or just take the game into OT, we'll play the winner of France and the Czech Republic.
                    Go Russia, Go France I guess.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

believe i saw that gaudreau is now 2nd leading scorer in tourney?

Comment

Go Russia, Go France I guess.
                        Sounds like 1940 all over again.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Sounds like 1940 all over again.
                          I was trying to make this joke but I couldn't get it to work.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            believe i saw that gaudreau is now 2nd leading scorer in tourney?
                            Johnny Hockey was pretty slick today. Drew Shore too.

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2014...-championship/
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Russians win and the Czechs win in OT. It'll be USA vs the Czech Republic, and poor France gets Russia.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Russians win and the Czechs win in OT. It'll be USA vs the Czech Republic, and poor France gets Russia.
                                Belarus gets Sweden, Canada gets Finland.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X