IIHF World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIHF World Championships

The senior circuit got underway today in Minsk, Belarus.

USA just downed the host 6-1. In other action the Russians crushed the Swiss 5-0, Czech Republic beat Slovakia in OT, and the biggest surprise of the day, France beat Canada in a shootout.

All USA games are on NBCSN, and they occasionally show other games.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    The senior circuit got underway today in Minsk, Belarus.

USA just downed the host 6-1. In other action the Russians crushed the Swiss 5-0, Czech Republic beat Slovakia in OT, and the biggest surprise of the day, France beat Canada in a shootout.

All USA games are on NBCSN, and they occasionally show other games.
    Well that's good news to see the US win. Belarus is not great but host teams can always be a tough game. Tough group for the US with Finland, Switzerland, and Russia.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: IIHF World Championships

Tim Thomas was in net for the US in case anyone is wondering.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Tim Thomas was in net for the US in case anyone is wondering.
        Clarkson's David Leggio is the backup. I do hope he gets to bust out the Pierre impersonation.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          France beat Canada in a shootout.
          WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Jeez Canada, hasn't it already been settled that Ben Scrivens is a better goalie than James Reimer?
          Cornell University Men's Hockey
          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            Clarkson's David Leggio is the backup. I do hope he gets to bust out the Pierre impersonation.
            It would be nice.

I noticed the Goaltending cupboard was a little bare with Quick, Miller, Howard, Gibson, and Bishop's teams in the playoffs (as well as Bishop being injuried). Thomas as well but Thomas was a backup.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Stolen from hfboards:

Apparently the world is learning of Johnny Hockey...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

US beats Switzerland 3-2 with the Swiss having two goals called back for offside. Classy crowd in Belarus whistles during the US Anthem.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

US beats Switzerland 3-2 with the Swiss having two goals called back for offside. Classy crowd in Belarus whistles during the US Anthem.
                  Wonder how sorry they'll be when they need us to keep Putin out of their country?

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Wonder how sorry they'll be when they need us to keep Putin out of their country?
                    Yeah no kidding. Trouba had the best reply:

Never been booed during the national anthem. It's not our fault we had good gaps and forced them offsides. #USA
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Stolen from hfboards:

Apparently the world is learning of Johnny Hockey...
                      Gah, glad the stupid online NBC feed didn't come back from commercial so I had to reload and missed that goal.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

They've discussed willingly reuniting with Russia not that long ago. Putin can have 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          They've discussed willingly reuniting with Russia not that long ago. Putin can have 'em.
                          I don't think they enjoyed the last time they rolled with Soviet Union. They were pretty quick to throw them off when things broke up in 91.

Comment

If this is the future of USA Hockey, I'd say it's gonna be SSDD. Can't win these big games.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

To be fair, Russia's less than full strength squad still has a lot more Olympic players than the USA's.

And a rare 3 on 0 gives Russian an easy goal to make it 6-1 near the end of the 2nd.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                              X