X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Power of SCOTUS V: The Final Frontier

Originally posted by Candide View Post
    For the thing you are talking about I generally use "Submitted without comment."
    I actually had to wipe droplets off my computer screen over that one, it was so funny!

Using the word "generally" to apply to something that never happens!
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      I actually had to wipe droplets off my computer screen over that one, it was so funny!

Using the word "generally" to apply to something that never happens!
      I see what you did there.

That was actually pretty clever. You get rep.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well, class, we had a nice discussion today. Tomorrow we will discuss labor ipse voluptas.

And don't forget to turn in your outlines.

Comment

I learned everything I know about Latin from Last Week Tonight's opening song.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I need to remember not to visit this page when studying for the bar.

To remember when res ipsa can be used as a shortcut for duty and breach when presenting a prima facie case for a negligence action, keep in mind that the acronym "TIP" needs to be met:

T - type of accident does not normally occur but for negligence
            I - instrumentality in exclusive possession of defendant
            P - plaintiff not at fault
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

To remember when res ipsa can be used as a shortcut for duty and breach when presenting a prima facie case for a negligence action, keep in mind that the acronym "TIP" needs to be met:

This must be one of those facts that you memorize for the test and then forget. It sure doesn't have anything to do most malpractice cases I've reviewed.
              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
              Groucho Marx
              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
              Ron White
              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
              Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                This must be one of those facts that you memorize for the test and then forget. It sure doesn't have anything to do most malpractice cases I've reviewed.
                It is an acronym that they teach us for bar prep to remember when to apply res ipsa as only 12% of test takers get the res ipsa multiple choice questions right on the MBE.
                North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Taken right out of BAR-BRI, I'd guess.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Taken right out of BAR-BRI, I'd guess.
                    I'm a Kaplan rep, so no.

DU offers a "Bar Success" Program, and that is where we were taught that particular acronym.
                    North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      I'm a Kaplan rep, so no.

DU offers a "Bar Success" Program, and that is where we were taught that particular acronym.
                      If you really work for Kaplan, you had/have a known pedophile working for you in Florida. PM me for further info.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        If you really work for Kaplan, you had/have a known pedophile working for you in Florida. PM me for further info.
                        Interesting. With the Bar Prep division? Kaplan is a pretty big company.

FWIW, I'm a student rep (i.e. I try and get friends to sign up and in return I get a free bar prep course). I only know the reps at my school (DU) and the regional rep. Nobody works for me.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Well, not many graduating law students are minors, and whoever attended that person's sessions probably received good instruction on criminal procedure.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            ????????

I'm not seeing the point of that comment. You're a catholic, your church has pedophiles working for it, too.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              ????????

I'm not seeing the point of that comment. You're a catholic, your church has pedophiles working for it, too.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, tho.
                              Seriously. Perhaps joecct should have pm-ed *him*.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                Seriously. Perhaps joecct should have pm-ed *him*.
                                Can't do that from an android. I'm rarely near a PC.

But you do make a good point.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X