X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Power of SCOTUS V: The Final Frontier

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    McCain was a solid opponent, and getting my vote, until he picked Palin. Horrible judgment.
    McCain was a solid opponent in 2000. By 2008 he was a whipped pup, done in by his own party and Rove's skullduggery. The humiliation of having to go back hat in hand and beg the nomination from the same party that had shivved him a few years before was too much; it made him the hot mess he is today.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      McCain was a solid opponent in 2000. By 2008 he was a whipped pup, done in by his own party and Rove's skullduggery. The humiliation of having to go back hat in hand and beg the nomination from the same party that had shivved him a few years before was too much; it made him the hot mess he is today.
      Yeah, I remember talking about the upcoming election back in 2008 with my dad. I think we were talking about people under 30 and my dad made a comment about most people that age don't know their *** from their elbow. I said half-joking, "Don't you have an issue that one of Obama's largest pools of support are people under 30?" He paused for a minute and eventually said, "You know, that's the first thing someone has said to make me question voting for him."
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I disagree. McCain, more than most politicians, hasn't changed much over the years, except getting older of course, but 2000 to 2008 isn't a massive difference. And I'm someone who is not a big fan of his. But I'll give him credit that he at least doesn't flip flop around on things like a lot of Dems do when the poll numbers change. McCain will give his opinion, whether it's popular or not.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          I disagree. McCain, more than most politicians, hasn't changed much over the years, except getting older of course, but 2000 to 2008 isn't a massive difference. And I'm someone who is not a big fan of his. But I'll give him credit that he at least doesn't flip flop around on things like a lot of Dems do when the poll numbers change. McCain will give his opinion, whether it's popular or not.
          It's true, McCain doesn't flip flop, so long as you ignore when he does. Immigration. Climate change. Prisoner exchanges.

Comment

McCain doesn't flip flop?

I've seen Crappies do less of it after I catch them and throw them on the floor of the boat.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              A fair point. But wouldn't it have been a better choice to ban lib**** as opposed to the last four letters?
              You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dxmnkd316 again.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

This just isn't true. McCain is as slippery a politician as any out there. The only thing that makes him seem like a straight shooter is he has a personal anger management problem. Stories about McCain exploding on the Hill and ripping young staffers, women Members, capitol support staff could fill multiple volumes -- anybody he thinks he can bully he does; as soon as he's intimidated, he walks it back as a joke. He's not a maverick; he's just a jerk.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  McCain doesn't flip flop?

I've seen Crappies do less of it after I catch them and throw them on the floor of the boat.
                  McCain is a shell of his former self. Seems to me he hasn't gotten over getting blown out in the 2008 election. He went from maverick to lap dog for the far right of his party. McCain 2000 to 2008 may have been the same person. McCain (R-Sunday Talk Shows) 2008-present is a joke politically.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    McCain is a shell of his former self. Seems to me he hasn't gotten over getting blown out in the 2008 election. He went from maverick to lap dog for the far right of his party. McCain 2000 to 2008 may have been the same person. McCain 2008-present is a joke politically.
                    His choice of Palin was his grace note. His "shoot from the gut" style burned him personally and not the country. We should be grateful.
                    Cornell University

Comment

This is exactly what sank McCain for me. I didn't always agree with him, but I sure thought of him as an honest straight-shooter. What I could never forgive was his crawling back between W's legs after the way Rove effed him over. That made him the most whipped pathetic politician I can remember. Jeez, Nixon had more pride when he crawled out of the White House and onto the helicopter.
                      "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        McCain is a shell of his former self. Seems to me he hasn't gotten over getting blown out in the 2008 election. He went from maverick to lap dog for the far right of his party. McCain 2000 to 2008 may have been the same person. McCain (R-Sunday Talk Shows) 2008-present is a joke politically.
                        This. He used to be an admirable politician. Not anymore.

I hope history remembers him for what he was prior to becoming whipped.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This just isn't true. McCain is as slippery a politician as any out there. The only thing that makes him seem like a straight shooter is he has a personal anger management problem. Stories about McCain exploding on the Hill and ripping young staffers, women Members, capitol support staff could fill multiple volumes -- anybody he thinks he can bully he does; as soon as he's intimidated, he walks it back as a joke. He's not a maverick; he's just a jerk.
                          But he's always been that way. And I speak as someone who has had to have him represent me in Congress for a long time. Stories on this stuff have been around for many years. He's just gotten more attention for it in recent years.
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            well, how about the idea to censor t - a - r - d? Now we cannot mention Dr. Who's time ship nor discuss clothing that is imbued with chemicals to keep it from burning. Some censorship is just dopey.
                            Tardis
                            Flame retardant

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              Tardis
                              Flame retardant
                              ******* is censored?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                ******* is censored?
                                But knuckledragger isnt, I wonder who did that, t ff
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X