This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Power of SCOTUS V: The Final Frontier

All 95 glorious pages, for those so inclined. The intelligent parts begin 60 pages in.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      That's nice, but odd that you don't include that in your complaints about matching spending to revenue.
      What are you talking about? You're really not making a lot of sense today. I've railed against overspending in all sorts of areas, including military. I've said that to bring fiscal balance back to the federal budget, sacred cows on both sides of the aisle will have to take hits, big hits. And that includes the military. That's unlike you, who selectively complain about Iraq, but look the other way at out of control spending in other areas.
      Originally posted by Priceless
      Good to see you're so reasonable.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
      Very well, said.
      Originally posted by Rover
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        That particular sword has two sharp edges (i.e. it cuts both ways). There are a lot from *both* parties doing exactly that.
        Nice to see there are some folks around here who get it. It's a bipartisan problem.
        Very well, said.
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          That particular sword has two sharp edges (i.e. it cuts both ways). There are a lot from *both* parties doing exactly that.
          LOL. One party feeds the 1% and the other party feeds the 99%. Which is the more logical for government?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            One party feeds the 1% and the other party feeds the 99%. Which is the more logical for government?
            The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

LOL. One party feeds the 1% and the other party feeds the 99%. Which is the more logical for government?
              Your not much for the nuances of the situation, are you?
              Very well, said.
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                Your not much for the nuances of the situation, are you?
                I just can't wait till the Muslim small business owners come up with their demands for what they're mandated to provide in Health Insurance.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I just can't wait till the Muslim small business owners come up with their demands for what they're mandated to provide in Health Insurance.
                  I'm sure that would excite you to no end.
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    I'm sure that would excite you to no end.
                    And the Christian Scientists. And the Jehovah Witnesses, etc. etc. etc. It's going to be a lot of fun. Cause the GOP WILL NEVER agree to extracting Health Insurance from employment. NEVER.

EDIT: Also, let's remember that Hobby Lobby's retirement plan includes investments in the companies that produce the very drugs etc. that they refuse to pay for.

So much hypocrisy.
                    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 06-30-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

This is a good day. . .a very good day. The union decision is far more important and may accelerate the decline into irrelevance of unions, which would be a very good thing. Union goonery and thuggery is an artifact of an earlier age (despite being on display for all to see a couple of years ago in Wisconsin). Public employee unions should be outlawed. In that, I'm in rare agreement with FDR.

That pesky First Amendment keeps getting in the way of "progressives," who manage to hold conflicting points of view on the exercise of religion: you can do it, just don't do it in public or in a way that interferes with anybody anywhere (including making the most sensitive people on God's earth feel "offended."). I'm a doctor's kid and not pro life. Yet when was the election that redefined "women's health" as referring only to birth control? The Sandra Fluke syndrome, evidently.

The "progressives" have declared war on Chick fil A because their corporate big wigs don't have what they see as acceptable views on homosexuality. Despite the fact that I'm unaware of any allegation that the company has discriminated against any potential or current employee, customer or supplier on the basis of sexual orientation. That being the case, what's the BFD?
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 06-30-2014, 05:43 PM.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        We've squandered trillions of dollars before. The War on Drugs? The War on Poverty?

Given how long the latter 2 "wars" have lasted, you think we would have wiped them off the planet.
                        What's funny is the war on poverty was actually working until welfare queen entered the national lexicon in the early 80's. The we cut off our nose to spite our face because someone bought a lobster with food stamps at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                          That pesky First Amendment keeps getting in the way of "progressives,"
                          Know how I know you didn't actually read the opinion or know what it says?

"Our decision...makes it unnecessary to reach the First Amendment claim."

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            Know how I know you didn't actually read the opinion or know what it says?

"Our decision...makes it unnecessary to reach the First Amendment claim."
                            I wasn't referring to the justices, Bunky, I was referring to you. But you keep plugging away.
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 06-30-2014, 06:48 PM.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              I wasn't referring to the justices, Bunky, I was referring to you. But you keep plugging away.
                              Nice try, gramps. You got called out for spewing malarkey and know it.

Why don't you go find some more Chicago gun stories and leave the legal arguments to people who can, I don't know, actually read the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                What case is that? I thought that the ruling today was whether the owners of closely-held companies had the right not to be forced to act against their religious beliefs?
                                When did that happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X