This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Power of SCOTUS V: The Final Frontier

So far my new religion/corporation/person has four followers.

Our God has given us these Commandments so far:
    None of us has to pay taxes, whether they be income, payroll, excise, property. God underlined that.
    None of us has to pay fees. We don't need licenses like driver's, fishing, clamming, etc.
    Shell fish are NOT an abomination, and devotees are encouraged to eat as much as they want.
    Every day is Casual Friday.
    Our place of Holy Worship is The Fours sports bar in Boston, but several such churches are established across the country - and around the globe if necessary.
    Pilgrimages to Holy Lands like Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, TD Garden etc are encouraged.
    The second Thursday of each April is a Holy Day. All devotees are expected to celebrate the holiday by taking off from work and traveling to the Frozen Four.

Our God is still faxing the Commandments to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Freely? You mean it doesn't cost anything? Why didn't you say so in the first place?? Where do people sign up for this free medical care?
      Uh, now I have to explain what freedom is? Go find an online dictionary.
      Originally posted by Priceless
      Good to see you're so reasonable.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
      Very well, said.
      Originally posted by Rover
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        That's exactly where it should head.

Congress and the President want to decree that we all must have health coverage of a certain level? Fine. Here's the bill. Now, pass the tax increase to pay for it.
        That would be rational behavior, matching spending to revenue. Fat chance we get that in a country where the entitlement culture is so deeply engrained.
        Very well, said.
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Bob I don't have a dog in this fight. However, you've been taking crazy pills if you don't think this minor decision is going to kill you guys at the ballot box. If elections were decided in Texas and Oklahoma, you'd be all set. Unfortunately they're not, and a strong majority of people disagree with Hobby Lobby and their position. This is fine by me, as a relatively small decision could hasten what the country desperately needs, which is the complete destruction of knuckledragger conservatism. However, both The Boner and Rand Paul are out tweeting congratulations on this, which makes we wonder if there are any political strategists on the right with half a brain.
          I don't worry much about the ballot box, as people have to promise things they can't deliver to get elected anymore, amongst other things. You speak as though I expect anything at all worthwhile to come from our political system.
          Very well, said.
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            I don't worry much about the ballot box, as people have to promise things they can't deliver to get elected anymore, amongst other things. You speak as though I expect anything at all worthwhile to come from our political system.
            LOL.

Nothing has in about 50 years.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              LOL.

Nothing has in about 50 years.
              We do agree on some things.
              Very well, said.
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

That would be rational behavior, matching spending to revenue. Fat chance we get that in a country where the entitlement culture is so deeply engrained.
                Was it the entitlement culture that squandered a trillion dollars in the sand of Iraq without paying for it?

Comment

Was it the entitlement culture that squandered a trillion dollars in the sand of Iraq without paying for it?
                  I've never been a supporter of going into Iraq, in case you missed the last number of years' discussion and my regular references to such lack of support.
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

He might mean the entitlement culture that those who get the richest move their wealth to offshore shelters and bribe politicians to finance their low tax rates with public debt.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      He might mean the entitlement culture that those who get the richest move their wealth to offshore shelters and bribe politicians to finance their low tax rates with public debt.
                      That's my favorite one.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

We've squandered trillions of dollars before. The War on Drugs? The War on Poverty?

Given how long the latter 2 "wars" have lasted, you think we would have wiped them off the planet.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

"Dude, that was like ... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leX0mDzyLgI
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            That particular sword has two sharp edges (i.e. it cuts both ways). There are a lot from *both* parties doing exactly that.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I've never been a supporter of going into Iraq, in case you missed the last number of years' discussion and my regular references to such lack of support.
                              That's nice, but odd that you don't include that in your complaints about matching spending to revenue.
                              Last edited by Priceless; 06-30-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Then stop voting Republican. If nobody is good, don't bother voting at all.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X