X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Power of SCOTUS V: The Final Frontier

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Oh, yes they are. They decide what health insurance I do or do not receive. It's not a directed decision. It's an economic one that leaves me with little choice.
    Nonsense. People can still go get whatever contraception they want. Your whole argument is simply a lie. It's shameful way to try to argue that a business should be forced by government to do certain things.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      It's shameful way to try to argue that a business should be forced by government to do certain things.

Like serve blacks?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Nonsense. People can still go get whatever contraception they want. Your whole argument is simply a lie. It's shameful way to try to argue that a business should be forced by government to do certain things.
        Wow. I'm not even a corporation (yet) and I'm forced to do things all THE FREAKING TIME!!!
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Bob, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy is a movie that earned roughly $500MM at the box offices in 2004, according to IMDB.com. The whole "Stay Classy, San Diego" line was the character's sign-off phrase for closing the news reports, which ends up becoming a big joke within the movie. It's hardly an obscure reference.
          Sorry I don't have my 2004 movie quotes and references down pat. I'm sure Obama will use an executive order on that subject soon also.
          Very well, said.
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Oh, yes they are. They decide what health insurance I do or do not receive. It's not a directed decision. It's an economic one that leaves me with little choice.
            I think the Department of Health and Human Services actually decided what would, or would not, be part of a minimum level of coverage. This was just a couple of employers whining about paying for a portion of it, and they prevailed. Of course, nothing prevents any of us from procuring health insurance on our own, outside of our work place. Then it's just a matter of contract between us and the insurer.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Like serve blacks?
              Which is not something anyone has said here. Nice try at a rabbit trail.

So, the answer is, no, no liberal will apparently acknowledge that the Hobby Lobby case is only about whether to force a business to provide certain things to its employees, not whether employees have access to such things, which they can go out and freely get. Or maybe people just don't grasp that there are things like drug stores and pharmacies around? Holy Toledo!
              Very well, said.
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                I think the Department of Health and Human Services actually decided what would, or would not, be part of a minimum level of coverage. This was just a couple of employers whining about paying for a portion of it, and they prevailed. Of course, nothing prevents any of us from procuring health insurance on our own, outside of our work place. Then it's just a matter of contract between us and the insurer.
                Stop providing rational explanations around here.
                Very well, said.
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I like where Bob is heading though.

1) Hobby Lobby can tailor its health care package according to its owners' religious whims.

2) Hobby Lobby employees have a right to health care but can't force their employer to include it.

3) Hence, a Single Payer fallback is required to protect Hobby Lobby's sacred religious rights.

Are you there, God? It's me, Universal Nationalized Health Care.
                  That's exactly where it should head.

Congress and the President want to decree that we all must have health coverage of a certain level? Fine. Here's the bill. Now, pass the tax increase to pay for it.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I like where Bob is heading though.

1) Hobby Lobby can tailor its health care package according to its owners' religious whims.

2) Hobby Lobby employees have a right to health care but can't force their employer to include it.

3) Hence, a Single Payer fallback is required to protect Hobby Lobby's sacred religious rights.

Are you there, God? It's me, Universal Nationalized Health Care.
                    You left out:

4) Bob's head asplodes.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post

So, the answer is, no, no liberal will apparently acknowledge that the Hobby Lobby case is only about whether to force a business to provide certain things to its employees, not whether employees have access to such things, which they can go out and freely get. Or maybe people just don't grasp that there are things like drug stores and pharmacies around? Holy Toledo!
                      I hope you're turning down your Medicare from that cross of yours. I'd hate to think you're benefiting from others being forced to provide your socialized healthcare.

Comment

So, the answer is, no, no liberal will apparently acknowledge that the Hobby Lobby case is only about whether to force a business to provide certain things to its employees, not whether employees have access to such things, which they can go out and freely get.
                        Freely? You mean it doesn't cost anything? Why didn't you say so in the first place?? Where do people sign up for this free medical care?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          I hope you're turning down your Medicare from that cross of yours. I'd hate to think you're benefiting from others being forced to provide your socialized healthcare.
                          And Social Security.

Comment

Bob I don't have a dog in this fight. However, you've been taking crazy pills if you don't think this minor decision is going to kill you guys at the ballot box. If elections were decided in Texas and Oklahoma, you'd be all set. Unfortunately they're not, and a strong majority of people disagree with Hobby Lobby and their position. This is fine by me, as a relatively small decision could hasten what the country desperately needs, which is the complete destruction of knuckledragger conservatism. However, both The Boner and Rand Paul are out tweeting congratulations on this, which makes we wonder if there are any political strategists on the right with half a brain.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

No matter your political bent, you'll enjoy this. Check the timeline of SCOTUSblog's twitter feed and see how they deal with people who think SCOTUSblog = SCOTUS

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                I hope so too.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X