This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Power of SCOTUS V: The Final Frontier

An excellent rundown of the ridiculousness of the Hobby Lobby decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSQCH1qyIDo
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      I don't like anointings two years in advance.

So you didn't vote for George W Bush?!?!?

He's like the gift that keeps on giving! In the 2040 elections, over 30 years after he left office, we're STILL gonna be sayin' "we can't afford to have GOP candidate xxxx serve out George W Bush's 3rd term".
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
        So you didn't vote for George W Bush?!?!?

He's like the gift that keeps on giving! In the 2040 elections, over 30 years after he left office, we're STILL gonna be sayin' "we can't afford to have GOP candidate xxxx serve out George W Bush's 3rd term".
        In the primary, no. And he certainly was not on my radar in 1998.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

In the primary, no. And he certainly was not on my radar in 1998.
          Odd since his coronation started right when he won re-election that year in Texas....

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Odd since his coronation started right when he won re-election that year in Texas....
            McCain was a solid opponent, until the steamrover started that rumor about him and the colored child, and going nuts in the Hanoi Hilton. If he had won South Carolina, history would have been much, much different.

Comment

Damm activists. You can't even escape them in Alabama for cripes sake.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...tional-n172156
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Damm activists. You can't even escape them in Alabama for cripes sake.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...tional-n172156
                Someone's gonna have to eddacate that Damm Yankee how things are done down South.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  other than Illinois, does any Midwestern state even have a Democrat governor any more?
                  I don't know of any states that have a "Democrat" governor, or any states that have a "Republic" one.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I don't know of any states that have a "Democrat" governor, or any states that have a "Republic" one.
                    Democrat was used correctly by FF.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Democrat was used correctly by FF.
                      No, it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I never understood why that was supposed to bother me (Democrat vs Democratic). Its like, if Republicans want to be known as "Knuckledraggers" or just "Knucks" either one works for me. Fishy, Flaggy, Opie, etc- just let me know which one you prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          No, it wasn't.
                          FF correctly used it as an epithet.

Does it show further emphasis of his/her massive bias? Yes.

Did he/she use it correct in a disparaging manner? Yes.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I never understood why that was supposed to bother me (Democrat vs Democratic). Its like, if Republicans want to be known as "Knuckledraggers" or just "Knucks" either one works for me. Fishy, Flaggy, Opie, etc- just let me know which one you prefer.
                            I prefer calling them Tories. Which means those who oppose them are Americans or Patriots. So I guess Democrats should just be called Americans from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              No, it wasn't.
                              I think "Democrat Governor" is legit, if not typical. It is perfectly fine to use one noun to describe another noun, for example, "The car door was open." Car and door are both nouns, and it's perfectly fine to string them together like that. If there's an adjective that will do instead, I tend to use it (e.g. female senator instead of woman senator), but either is correct in English.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

And should we be starting a Campaign 2016 thread?
                                Why on Earth would we want to start a Campaign 2016 thread when we have a perfectly good SCOTUS thread to talk about it in?
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X