Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Stanley Cup - Don't Toews me, man!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup - Don't Toews me, man!!!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    not impressed with any of the goalies tonight
    Geez, not impressed with Price stopping 14 of 18 Tampa shots. Tough crowd.
    sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
      Geez, not impressed with Price stopping 14 of 18 Tampa shots. Tough crowd.
      Still bitter about Sochi?
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Dale Weise with the winner for the Habs! At 18:08 of the first extra inning.
        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          Gotta admit, despite missing the classic HNIC theme, "For Whom the Bell Tolls" is a highly appropriate theme song for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

EDIT: Kari "Let-em-in" strikes, and it's 3-0 Anahack after 1. :/
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-16-2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Dallas tightened up that last game, but Anaheim hung on. Getzlaf took a puck to the face, though.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
              Dallas tightened up that last game, but Anaheim hung on. Getzlaf took a puck to the face, though.
              Dallas just needs to not spot Anaheim 4 goals. Good effort to finish but horrible start.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Good start tonight. Tomorrow is a plethora of great games.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  not impressed with any of the goalies tonight
                  I actually like to see a few goals scored in these games, especially in ones I have no rooting interest in. Hockey suffers when every playoff game ends up a 1-0 double OT snooze-fest where no one tries to score because they are afraid of making a defensive error that leads to a scoring chance. You can often see good goaltending or defense in a 4-3 or a 5-4 game. But contrary to what so many commentators spew, most of the 1-0 games in the last 15 years have not been because of great goaltending, but because of trapping, giant gear on the goalies and teams unwilling to chance anything. As a Detroit fan I loved the Yzerman goal in the second OT against St Louis to win a series years ago, but the 81 minutes of hockey that preceded it were sleep inducing and had I not cared who won or lost the game I'd likely have found something else to watch 2 hours before he finally scored.

Comment

Any thoughts on the revisions to the playoff format this year?

Myself, I liked that they used to re-seed after every round. It made the regular season actually count for something significant. Though I can understand that change as a way to increase the appeal to the casual fan who likes to fill out brackets all the way through to the end.

What annoyed me more was that they took # 2 and # 3 within each division and had them play each other. In theory you could have the 2nd and 3rd best team in the conference playing each other in the first round under that format. I'd have preferred that # 2 from each division play # 3 from the other division instead.

The "next two best point totals" instead of automatically taking each division # 4 is a nice touch, IMO. Again, it increases the significance of the regular season.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      But contrary to what so many commentators spew, most of the 1-0 games in the last 15 years have not been because of great goaltending, but because of trapping, giant gear on the goalies and teams unwilling to chance anything. As a Detroit fan I loved the Yzerman goal in the second OT against St Louis to win a series years ago, but the 81 minutes of hockey that preceded it were sleep inducing and had I not cared who won or lost the game I'd likely have found something else to watch 2 hours before he finally scored.
                      Game 7, 1996 WC Semis. Popular rumor at the time was that if the Blues had won the game, Yzerman would've been traded in the offseason.

Comment

Awesome of Fox Sports Live to lead with the playoffs and spend lots of time on it.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

As a Detroit fan I loved the Yzerman goal in the second OT against St Louis to win a series years ago...
                          *cries*
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

As a Detroit fan I loved the Yzerman goal in the second OT against St Louis to win a series years ago
                            As a Leafs fan I loved Gilmour's double-OT goal against St. Louis in '93.

Hmmm.... I'm sensing a pattern here!

http://youtu.be/r9gIqHFwzgM

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                              As a Leafs fan I loved Gilmour's double-OT goal against St. Louis in '93.

Hmmm.... I'm sensing a pattern here!

http://youtu.be/r9gIqHFwzgM
                              The Peter Zezel OT goal against Vancouver was pretty good as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0dvwa4ZzhU

Comment

Hockey Canada releases the World Championship roster. A lot of odd choices. A lot of players said no thanks.

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/roster/...bseason=153007

Comment

Working...
                                X