Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Stanley Cup - Don't Toews me, man!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup - Don't Toews me, man!!!

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    It was pretty well known that he wouldn't be leaving town with the rest of the team. Cripes he's good.
    Except he did leave town with the rest of the team

The good news is, he only has to drive up I-87 an hour or less to join ADK.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      It was pretty well known that he wouldn't be leaving town with the rest of the team. Cripes he's good.
      I wondered out loud what might have happened had he tripped on some of that d#@*ed confetti and suffered a major injury right there in Philly!

What in h-e-double hockey sticks is the NCAA thinking doing that?
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
        I wondered out loud what might have happened had he tripped on some of that d#@*ed confetti and suffered a major injury right there in Philly!

What in h-e-double hockey sticks is the NCAA thinking doing that?
        You confused the NCAA with an organization that has the ability to think.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          You confused the NCAA with an organization that has the ability to think.
          Naw - I already knew that!

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            I set up a bracket challenge on NHL.com. It's titled USCHO 2014 League, with the password of hockey.
            I'm in - MolsonMuscle. Go AVS!

Comment

http://theahl.com/blashill-voted-ahl...-coach-p191730

This guy looks destined to win the Jack Adams, IMO. One more year to work with Mantha is all I ask, but if Trashville calls...I wouldn't blame him for taking it. They've shed some aging stars, are going through a bit of a rebuild, and were loyal to Trotz for 15 years. He could step into that situation and probably have some assurance of at least 5 years to mold a young team.

Comment

Still time to get into both NHL.com bracket challenges I'm running, the USCHO 2014 League http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/play.../leagues/22344 password hocey

And my challenge for the site I blog for FanVsFan Pick League http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/play...2504?locale=en Password playoffs
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

As long as CBJ and MN win in the first round all will be right with the world.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

From the Wall St. Journal:

we know how the NHL playoffs can be. Given that the postseason often goes nothing like the regular season, are these the two teams we should expect to reach the Stanley Cup Finals?

To find out, we simulated the playoffs 10,000 times based on a new power-ranking metric that is entirely based on in-game statistics.

The rankings are derived from a statistic created by the blog Rink Stats. For every game, the stat estimates the probability that either team wins the game at every second, based on factors like the current score and power-play situations. The power rankings for each team are their average in-game win probability throughout their entire season, where recent games are more heavily weighted.

The findings: Boston is indeed the overall Cup favorite, but expect some upsets out West.

The Bruins, who won the Presidents' Trophy as the NHL's top regular-season team, have a 14% chance of winning it all and a 23% chance of making the Finals—hardly overwhelming odds, due to hockey's random nature, but the best in the league. In the West, though, the San Jose Sharks have the best odds of winning the Cup (9%) and reaching the finals (17%) despite finishing behind the Ducks.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Goddammit.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I can't possibly think of a better way to reward the top-seeded team in the playoffs than matching them up with the team that hasn't missed the playoffs in 23 years.
                        BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                          So why doesn't Bettman just hand the Cup to the B's?

I know the article talks about "hockey's random nature", but there's no way to measure or include heart in any computer model.

Two years ago it was the Kings, last year the Leafs played with heart until the last minutes of game 7

This year it'll be Columbus that will be the team with the biggest heart

Comment

On his goal Plek made Radko look foolish. Good first period both ways. My $.02 is that Tampa wins the series.

And stepping out on a limb and sawing it off behind me, I'll take Boston to beat Los Angeles in the finals.
                            Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 04-16-2014, 06:50 PM.
                            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

So the Panthers get the top pick in the draft. Tell me how the City of Buffalo isn't cursed again?

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Metallica+CBC+Playoffs=EPIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtAeB7EhGv4#t=53

Comment

Working...
                                X