Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Stanley Cup - Don't Toews me, man!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup - Don't Toews me, man!!!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    that was a bad, bad hit

what a horribly run PP
    And what a shot.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Watching the CBC feed, they keep showing Duncan Keith slashing and hacking at wrists, Hjalmersson cross checking Oshie for no reason.

Refs are really letting things go.

TARA!!!! TIES IT!!!!!!!!!! With six seconds to go.

To OT the Blues/Hawks go yet again.
      Last edited by aparch; 04-19-2014, 04:52 PM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Seabrook should dust off his golf clubs because he may have a few free days next week to hit the links.
        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

STL: Oshie
          CHI: Toews
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Mike Milbury: "Everyone thought Backes was going to play the puck. Seabrook was preparing for the hit."

Then the other guy says" He's never been suspended before, so I'm thinking two or three games."

Nilbury: But Backes was looking down because he was going to play the puck. Seabrook wanted to stop that."

I don't know who's a bigger blowhard, him or Mullet.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Seabrook straightened out his back just before the hit to make sure his first point of contact was the head of Backes. And they spend too much time talking about whether or not the player "leaves his feet." In fact if you leave your feet you are no longer propelling yourself and the hit is actually less violent (even if only slightly so). Just like players who slide into first base get there slower because they have stopped propelling themselves, otherwise known as running.

I have given up on the NHL or their players actually ever doing away with players targeting heads. If they want to eliminate it, suspend players for hits like this for 25 or 30 games minimum for a first offense. I guess if they don't care why should I? Tell them all to go pound sand when they try to sue the NHL again in a generation for all the after effects of multiple concussions.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Watching the CBC feed, they keep showing Duncan Keith slashing and hacking at wrists, Hjalmersson cross checking Oshie for no reason.

And the Blues are just angels and those brutish Hawks are such meanies.

Still got your Wangs glasses I see.

LOL

Seabs will be getting a suspension though. Backes has certainly dished it out over the years, so I'm not gonna weep too much for him, but that was a dangerous hit and suspension worthy.

Comment

St.L.: Johnny Roland
                  Chi.: Gale Sayers
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

St. Louis: Randy Orton
                    Chicago: CM Punk
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

That makes me so glad I'm not watching NBC.

Is it really hard for a network to hire hockey people to just talk hockey?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        And the Blues are just angels and those brutish Hawks are such meanies.

Still got your Wangs glasses I see.

LOL
                        I was just pointing out that CBC had plenty of footage to pour over.
                        By no means am I going to sit and defend anything that Ott, Reaves, and Roy have done. They're just as bad.

It just seems like the Blues got under the Blackhawk's skin. I don't recall Captain Serious ever being a big "chirper" but there he was, yelling at Backes when Backes didn't know what decade it was. Or Keith and Sharp, usually two composed players, acting like Dan Carcillo.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          Seabrook straightened out his back just before the hit to make sure his first point of contact was the head of Backes. And they spend too much time talking about whether or not the player "leaves his feet." In fact if you leave your feet you are no longer propelling yourself and the hit is actually less violent (even if only slightly so). Just like players who slide into first base get there slower because they have stopped propelling themselves, otherwise known as running.
                          Not the case at all, actually. Watch a player's legs before they hit someone...they're not propelling themselves at all, they're gliding. Leaving your feet adds to the momentum you already have going in for a hit. There's a reason it's illegal.

Seabrook should get 4 games, the same amount Rupp got for his hit on Oshie...but, he'll probably get 2.

CHI: Shaw
                          STL: Oshie
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

i know they ultimately tied it on a pp goal but wow does this st. louis pp suck

Comment

def not sad to see chicago down 2-0

Comment

sieve
                                sieve
                                sieve

Comment

Working...
                                X