Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

I binged on all 30 episodes this weekend during the marathon. I watched the Red Wedding episode last year to see what the fuss was about. Watching the previous episodes puts it all in context and makes what happens to the Starks even worse. I can see why this show is so popular. I'll have to catch the new season on the internets because I no longer have HBO and I'm not shelling out $17/month.

The highlight for me was seeing that snake Daenerys Targaryan get his golden crown... I'm holding out hope "King" Joffrey suffers a death just as painful.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

I think it's the Riverlands that are ablaze. There really isn't a safe way for them to get to The North, IMO.

I suspect that they're heading mostly the same direction as they do in the books.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I took the last scene with Arya riding her own horse, with them riding into a burning land to mean that they're not going to the Vale anymore, but they are going to the place we know is burning, the North.
    There are a few ways to get to the Vale (book 1 content there). The safest way is (was?) to go through the north, but it's a longer journey. The mountain trail that Catelyn took Tyrion through is much faster, but it's filled with the Mountain Men, as you saw in season 1.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
    I'm looking forward to the episode if the The Hound and Arya make it to her crazy Aunt Lysa
    I took the last scene with Arya riding her own horse, with them riding into a burning land to mean that they're not going to the Vale anymore, but they are going to the place we know is burning, the North.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

Brienne and Jamie continue to be wonderful together, but perhaps this season they may be surpassed by The Hound and Arya. That whole scene was golden.

"I'll have one of those chickens."

Edit: I thought that guy with Dany was Sonny from Treme. Sure enough.
    Last edited by rufus; 04-07-2014, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Still kind of a shame to get the cliffs notes versions of some of this stuff, but I'm still impressed by this show every time I see it.

Leave a comment:

• 97osu
    replied

I'm looking forward to the episode if the The Hound and Arya make it to her crazy Aunt Lysa

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Luckily, Xfinity has their Watchathon this week so I was able to watch it...

Don't **** off Arya.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

That might have been one of the fastest hours of TV I've seen in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied

Unless I'm the only one, it would appear that much like the season finale of True Detective, the season premiere of GoT has broken HBOGo. I will likely wait until tomorrow to watch it.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Subscribed, excited to watch live tonight with the hbo free preview weekend, next week I'll have to wait for it to post to hbo go

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Question: Are spoilers from the books kosher, or should this be kept 100% spoilers-from-the-books-that-the-series-hasn't-covered-yet free?
    Perhaps you should just white them out so those who've read the books can discuss.

I've read through book 2 this past summer. I was going to continue, but a coworker told me that reading book 3 would likely provide spoilers for season 4 of the show. I'll read the next book once season 4 ends.

The teasers HBO has been running look awesome. The teasers focusing on Tyrion look to be most intriguing, I'm kind of hoping his continued animosity with Joffrey leads to a trial for killing for having killed the king (like Jamie's done so out of necessity). A little lion on lion carnage is due.

If Dani can get to Westeros this season, there's going to be some great deaths happening there, too. There's only so much time she can spend building an army. Of course, the size of her dragons are really going to drive that timeline more than anything at this point.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Question: Are spoilers from the books kosher, or should this be kept 100% spoilers-from-the-books-that-the-series-hasn't-covered-yet free?
    Depends: How obtuse and vague can you be?
    Statements like "a disgraced nobleman's son joins the Night's Watch" are perfectly fine, as are instances of Catelyn Does Something Reckless.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Read the books a dozen years ago. Now a TV fan because the series will finish first. My friend's wife was just catching up to S3 E9 before they went on vacation. I hope my DVD case is still intact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X