Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Happy Father's day, Tywin.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Brienne of Tyson!

Comment

I wanted more deaths. Just sayin'.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

That fight between Brienne and Sandor was pretty epic. He truly was on Arya's list, and she showed that by letting him rot instead of doing what he wanted.

Of course maybe he somehow lives, I haven't read the books.

Tyrion went full gangster. Loved it.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

The most surprising thing about the season ending for me was Varys getting on the ship. Also, I didn't expect to see Shae, but the outcome didn't surprise me at all once she was shown.

I'm going to start reading the books again, already have 3 and 4 purchased as part of a bundle with the first two. I likely won't have HBO this time next year, so there's no point in worrying about spoiling the show for myself anymore.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Part of me wanted to see the last scene with Tywin to play out a little more closely to the book, but then I realized how awkward the dialog would've been to refer to something that hadn't been discussed since the first season.

Curious adaptation choices (book spoilers in at least one of them):
              Jojen was explicitly killed off instead of whatever the hell happened to him in the books.
              No Lady Stoneheart... yet
              Varys going with Tyrion to Essos. I mean, it's not like he's seen or heard from in the books for quite some time from here, but still... curious
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

That was a great episode, in a season filled with great episodes.

They spent more time at the wall than I expected, and much less in King's Landing than I expected.

I did love the scenes at the wall though, the interactions between Mance and Jon, and then later Mance, Jon and Stannis were excellent. I expected Stannis to ride in and save the day, but that is not how I expected it to happen.

The Bran storyline was good too. The Children of the Forest! I wouldn't have known who they were if I was just going off of what I've seen in the TV show, so I'm glad that I've read some blogs about the history of Westeros, and started reading book 1. It is crazy how all these small tidbits from throughout the story just keep coming back around.

I loved Brienne's conversation with Arya, it was pure gold, and the fight between Brienne and the Hound afterwards. Figures, The Hound dies (I am guessing) just when I've started to like the guy. I pretty much had it figured out that Arya would be going to Braavos at the end of this season, and that was what played out.

Tyrion's scene at the end didn't get as much time as I expected, but it was pretty powerful. I figured that Jaime would free him, but I did not see Varys going with him to Essos, that was a surprise. I imagine the fallout from this in Kings Landing is going to be pretty bad. There is no one left there that knows what the hell is going on....Jaime is pretty clueless, Cersei is hopeless, Tommen is like 9 years old. I think Stannis marches south after securing the wall, and has little resistance...well, we'll see what Littlefinger has up his sleeve.

Great episode, and great season. This show does not disappoint.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Great point that the Hound was still on Arya's list. I got hte impression that her time with him had taken him off. I was wrong.

I was confused about Arya on the ship. I assumed she was able to change the captain's mind about where the ship was going (have it go to the north instead of Braavos). But is it going to Braavos?
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Great point that the Hound was still on Arya's list. I got hte impression that her time with him had taken him off. I was wrong.

I was confused about Arya on the ship. I assumed she was able to change the captain's mind about where the ship was going (have it go to the north instead of Braavos). But is it going to Braavos?
                    I think the ship is still going to Braavos. Because that coin/token was supposed to get her free passage to Braavos, when it was given to her a couple seasons ago. I think once she heard that it was going to Braavos she changed her mind.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I think the ship is still going to Braavos. Because that coin/token was supposed to get her free passage to Braavos, when it was given to her a couple seasons ago. I think once she heard that it was going to Braavos she changed her mind.
                      She wants to find the crazy face-changer guy, I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        She wants to find the crazy face-changer guy, I suspect.
                        Yeah, she's going to search out Jaqen H'ghar (of the Faceless Men).

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Yeah, she's going to search out Jaqen H'ghar (of the Faceless Men).
                          THAT'S his name. Could not remember it for the life of me.

Comment

Game of Thrones is now the highest-rated series in HBO history.

Sunday's episode had another shout out:
                            "Come with me if you want to live" from the Terminator franchise.

Comment

Did the choral version of the show's theme song that played over the closing credits make anyone think of the South Park version?
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

So...there's this.

Comment

Working...
                                X