Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

That ending was foreshadowed when the little brat insisted Winterfell needed a place to fly...the only question was which character would do the flying.

This would be a cool crossover with the final episode of Mad Men though. Much more creative than just having Don do a header from his office...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Then you're a ****ing *****.
      Gee, I'm shocked that someone who makes that kind of response to an otherwise civil discussion is too lazy to read a 20 year old book.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Gee, I'm shocked that someone who makes that kind of response to an otherwise civil discussion is too lazy to read a 20 year old book.
        Get a clue. I'm calling you a ***** because you think it is somehow ok to ruin the enjoyment of watching this TV show for other people. Just because you think, due to some ignorant false-inflation of self-worth that it is your duty, or someother bull**** like that. You seem to think that you are better than people because you READ THE BOOK! You're not.

I didn't read the book, I had never heard of the books before the TV series started. I read quite a few books, as those who know me can attest. I have stacks and stacks of books, that, having been read, should probably be donated or sold to a second hand store. I just so happens that I never came across Game of Thrones before the TV show because I was never interested in the fantasy genre. So shoot me. Since watching the TV show, my interest in this story has piqued and now I am reading the books, after I see the story unfold on the screen. So I can compare the 2. You are not better than me because you chose to do it in the other order.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

And the character with the Spanish accent hints that Ser Gregor has six fingers on his left hand.
          Last edited by owslachief; 05-19-2014, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Shine on, you crazy Tully.
            Found a novel way to drop someone from the series.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              Too...many...puns...can't...read...more...
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

If you're a bookreader and want to feel smarter than someone for a while, go over to the asoiaf.westeros.org forums and read the threads about the TV show there. Christ, the idiots over there like to complain about EVERY SINGLE ADAPTATION CHOICE. There are honestly posters there who are mad at the show's writers for the fact that Lysa screams instead of falling silently. That's how much they think the show should just be adapting the books word-for-word.

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                It's a lot more fun that way than to just let them fall off the map.
                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 05-20-2014, 09:48 AM.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

If you're a bookreader and want to feel smarter than someone for a while, go over to the asoiaf.westeros.org forums and read the threads about the TV show there. Christ, the idiots over there like to complain about EVERY SINGLE ADAPTATION CHOICE. There are honestly posters there who are mad at the show's writers for the fact that Lysa screams instead of falling silently. That's how much they think the show should just be adapting the books word-for-word.

This would have been cancelled in what, 2 episodes?
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    This would have been cancelled in what, 2 episodes?
                    It's HBO, so they might have let it go for a season. Or they never would have gone with the project at all.

Comment

I found it interesting that they cast Kate Dickie compared to her discription on asoiaf: "Lysa is thick of body, pale and puffy of face. She has the blue eyes of the Tullys and a small, petulant mouth." That doesn't sound much like Dickie...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Once the taunting started, I expected him to lose. I didn't expect the Gallagher-esque explosion, however. Wow.

ETA: Did they both die? It looks like a mortal wound, and if that's the case, how would something like that play out if they weren't so quick for each and every chance at making the little man a little bit littler?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Once the taunting started, I expected him to lose. I didn't expect the Gallagher-esque explosion, however. Wow.
                          O that overdeveloped sense of vengeance - it'll bite you!

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

ETA: Did they both die? It looks like a mortal wound, and if that's the case, how would something like that play out if they weren't so quick for each and every chance at making the little man a little bit littler?
                            Well as long as one of them dies first...
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I didn't expect it to be THAT graphic. One of my top episodes this season.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

That was pretty good. I don't think Tyrion will be killed off though.... By Jaime's reaction, I wouldn't be surprised if he broke Tyrion out, and they go on the run.

The other parts of the episode were good as well. Sansa has finally figured it out, and now I'm really curious what her and Littlefinger are going to do next.

Jorah being sent away from Mareen is a cool development. I wonder if he goes back to Westeros now...his enemies there are dead, maybe he goes back to the north?
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X