Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Joffrey is Jamie's father's grandson.
    Lupol?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      I saw someone on Twitter suggest a spinoff with Arya and the Hound. They could go from town to town having adventures.
      I would totally watch that buddy comedy.
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Which means Tommen is his own cousin!

Comment

Interesting take http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comme...thers_and_the/
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by priceless View Post
            i saw someone on twitter suggest a spinoff with arya and the hound. They could go from town to town murdering people.
            fyp

(heh heh)

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

So the big question I have coming out of this episode is around the baby taken to the White Walker King. What are we to expect of that baby? Will it stay that same size now that it's been turned? Is that just the whitewalker pre-basting ritual for the feast?

Overall, I'm a little disappointed with this episode as I wanted to see dragons roast a city.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'm really enjoying some of the changes from the book, especially north of the wall.

I suppose I'm starting to feel a bit like the show is not going to do much to show an impact from the rape of Cersei, beyond her starting to flat out hate Jaime, but I suppose it could be worse. I'm still in the camp of thinking that what we see is still fairly consistent with what we know about the characters, especially Jaime.

Edited to Add: By the way, I think we might be able to say that the show has officially passed the books in one storyline already, with the last scene. I think it was already pretty heavily implied that the Others were actually doing something with the children that were offered by Craster, but to finally get a glimpse of it (especially with so much yet to be addressed/resolved north of the wall in the books) was pretty cool.
                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 04-28-2014, 11:05 AM.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Tommen: Living every 13 year old boy's dream.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Tommen: Living every 13 year old boy's dream.
                    Did he say that he was 13 in the show? I know he's young still, but it seems like they aged up many of the characters a few years.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Did he say that he was 13 in the show? I know he's young still, but it seems like they aged up many of the characters a few years.
                      He's certainly older than in the books (he's what... 7 in the books? Maybe 9 by the time we get to the end of ADWD?).

When you think about some of the issues faced by the younger characters in the books (especially Dany), they really had no choice but to make them older in the show.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

So the big question I have coming out of this episode is around the baby taken to the White Walker King. What are we to expect of that baby? Will it stay that same size now that it's been turned? Is that just the whitewalker pre-basting ritual for the feast?

Overall, I'm a little disappointed with this episode as I wanted to see dragons roast a city.
                        I was satisfied the ceremony took place within a circle of stones. Had that rich, comfortable ring of sci-fi/fantasy/ritualism cliche .

Fascinating that Brienne has served a Baratheon, a Stark and now a Lannister.

Also, that was one pretty suit of armor.

Comment

There's a worry going around the internet now that HBO released a book spoiler into the TV show pertaining to the Whitewalkers, but only with certainty if you had gone to the show's official website prior to someone changing the text. I have a feeling only the most careful or dedicated of GRR Martin's fans would have caught it, but someone did since it's the internet.

Comment

I'm slowly making my way through the first book (mild dyslexia is a blessing at times), and I'll steer clear of the website.

Comment

There's a worry going around the internet now that HBO released a book spoiler into the TV show pertaining to the Whitewalkers, but only with certainty if you had gone to the show's official website prior to someone changing the text. I have a feeling only the most careful or dedicated of GRR Martin's fans would have caught it, but someone did since it's the internet.
                              I think it's more of a big deal because it's now the first official thing where we've sort of passed the books up.

FWIW, I don't know that's really a spoiler as much as a confirmation of something that was briefly but quite heavily implied by the books. It's not like we should have been assuming that the Others/White Walkers were going to be a LOST-esque dangling thread that gets forgotten about.

Comment

You probably have people appearing older in the series than in the books because it would be incredibly distasteful to American audiences to see Margaery seduce a 9-year old boy or a 14-year old Daenerys giving birth.

Comment

Working...
                                X