Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Jaime had an interesting turn.

I'm curious to know how other book readers felt about that. (I don't think it's as much of a departure as some might think).
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The book version used "prettier" language than the TV show, but it was otherwise the same, IMO.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Agreed. The only things that were notably different were A- the timing of Jaimes return and B- that Cersei didn't eventually acquiesce (or at least wasn't emphatic in eventually consenting).

I totally get how the former changed the dynamic a bit, but I do need to see how the rest of this plot line plays out before I get too concerned about the latter.

In the book and the show, it all just shows how much of his honor he's willing to... uh... throw out the window once his list for Cersei takes over. If the episode titles are any indication, I think this will be resolved fairly soon.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

The turn that Ser Jamie took was disappointing. Right there beside his dead brother - bam! And the body was barely cold ... d@mn

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            The turn that Ser Jamie took was disappointing. Right there beside his dead brother - bam! And the body was barely cold ... d@mn
            dead nephew (son).
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

His brother is still alive, but in the dungeon as the person accused for killing King Joffrey, Ser Jaime's son/nephew (crazy southerners).
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                dead nephew (son).
                Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                His brother is still alive, but in the dungeon as the person accused for killing King Joffrey, Ser Jaime's son/nephew (crazy southerners).
                Ha ha dead son (incestuously) / nephew (officially). Embarrassing typo in the original.

Comment

Dead son.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Hey, guys, I think Joffrey is his dead son, not brother.

(Have we beaten the dead horse yet?)

Comment

• Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Joffrey was traded for Joe Thornton?
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Finally watched last weeks episode, we always seem to be a couple days behind. Maybe next Sunday we'll watch it real-time.

Agreed that it was a pretty uneventful episode, but it did advance the story on a few fronts, and it was good in that way. Even still, this show has a way to make the uneventful episodes interesting. I liked seeing Littlefinger re-emerge, I figured it was only a matter of time before we saw him again. Also, I was glad to see more of the Arya/Hound story moving along. I really liked the scene with Tywin asking Tommen about what makes a good king, it was well done.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Joffrey is Jamie's father's grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Joffrey was traded for Joe Thornton?
                            Nope, Corey Perry still plays for the Ducks.
                            Old Monster Records

Comment

Joffrey is Jamie's father's grandson.
                              Well we knew THAT much all along!
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Finally watched last weeks episode, we always seem to be a couple days behind. Maybe next Sunday we'll watch it real-time.

Agreed that it was a pretty uneventful episode, but it did advance the story on a few fronts, and it was good in that way. Even still, this show has a way to make the uneventful episodes interesting. I liked seeing Littlefinger re-emerge, I figured it was only a matter of time before we saw him again. Also, I was glad to see more of the Arya/Hound story moving along. I really liked the scene with Tywin asking Tommen about what makes a good king, it was well done.
                                I saw someone on Twitter suggest a spinoff with Arya and the Hound. They could go from town to town having adventures.

That Daenerys Targaryen is such a badass. Speaking directly to their slaves, in their own language, then showering the city in collars....

Comment

Working...
                                X