Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

I just put this up here because it's the elephant in the HBO Original Series room without a thread.

Ready for 10 more episodes, beginning April 6? I just have Season III to catch up on this weekend - hoping for more blood, f-bombs, walking dead things, coarse but brilliant dialog, incest and other family values.

I have a bad feeling about our beloved Starks .

Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4: Who Is Jon Snow?

Subscribed.

Just picked up Ommegang's (sp?) Game of Thrones: Fire and Blood beer to drink during the premier.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Subscribed.

Just picked up Ommegang's (sp?) Game of Thrones: Fire and Blood beer to drink during the premier.
      Niiiice . Best I was hoping for was some Grog variant and a side of horse.

Comment

Read the books a dozen years ago. Now a TV fan because the series will finish first. My friend's wife was just catching up to S3 E9 before they went on vacation. I hope my DVD case is still intact.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Question: Are spoilers from the books kosher, or should this be kept 100% spoilers-from-the-books-that-the-series-hasn't-covered-yet free?
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Question: Are spoilers from the books kosher, or should this be kept 100% spoilers-from-the-books-that-the-series-hasn't-covered-yet free?
            Depends: How obtuse and vague can you be?
            Statements like "a disgraced nobleman's son joins the Night's Watch" are perfectly fine, as are instances of Catelyn Does Something Reckless.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Perhaps you should just white them out so those who've read the books can discuss.

I've read through book 2 this past summer. I was going to continue, but a coworker told me that reading book 3 would likely provide spoilers for season 4 of the show. I'll read the next book once season 4 ends.

The teasers HBO has been running look awesome. The teasers focusing on Tyrion look to be most intriguing, I'm kind of hoping his continued animosity with Joffrey leads to a trial for killing for having killed the king (like Jamie's done so out of necessity). A little lion on lion carnage is due.

If Dani can get to Westeros this season, there's going to be some great deaths happening there, too. There's only so much time she can spend building an army. Of course, the size of her dragons are really going to drive that timeline more than anything at this point.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Subscribed, excited to watch live tonight with the hbo free preview weekend, next week I'll have to wait for it to post to hbo go
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Unless I'm the only one, it would appear that much like the season finale of True Detective, the season premiere of GoT has broken HBOGo. I will likely wait until tomorrow to watch it.

Comment

That might have been one of the fastest hours of TV I've seen in a long time.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Luckily, Xfinity has their Watchathon this week so I was able to watch it...

Don't **** off Arya.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the episode if the The Hound and Arya make it to her crazy Aunt Lysa
                        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Still kind of a shame to get the cliffs notes versions of some of this stuff, but I'm still impressed by this show every time I see it.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Brienne and Jamie continue to be wonderful together, but perhaps this season they may be surpassed by The Hound and Arya. That whole scene was golden.

"I'll have one of those chickens."

Edit: I thought that guy with Dany was Sonny from Treme. Sure enough.
                            Last edited by rufus; 04-07-2014, 08:22 PM.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                              I'm looking forward to the episode if the The Hound and Arya make it to her crazy Aunt Lysa
                              I took the last scene with Arya riding her own horse, with them riding into a burning land to mean that they're not going to the Vale anymore, but they are going to the place we know is burning, the North.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X