X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    One would think the results of the 2012 election would have made that clear to them, but GOP campaign strategists today aren't as sharp as their predecessors. You know we've devolved into stupidity when they're spending millions of dollars and holding hearings over some talking points given after the fact. THAT's the pressing issue here? Yikes.
    I watched Susan Rice on the Talk Shows that very weekend. The ones they seem hell bent on proving lies about. She NEVER EVER said that anyone definetively knew anything. I honestly cannot figure out why these people are still so upset that Susan Rick talked about a "protest"/"video". I wish I could ask them that. Mr. McCain, what exactly is stuck up your *** so far that you give a **** about what Susan Rick had to say?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I heard good old Bill O'Reilly last night frothing at the mouth. "Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi" he cried on my TV. I knew there must be something going on.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hazi-cover-up/

Appears the Repubs tried again to pin lies on Obama, Susan Rice, and Hillary. Swing and a miss.

And here's the 3 biggest Benghazi clowns asking for more money to be spent on this crap.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ittee-benghazi

The answer is NO, Mr. Graham, Mr. McCain, and Miss Ayotte.
      I'm glad to hear our financial house is in order so these senators can spend more money on a witch hunt. I had heard the federal debt was a problem, but apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        *sigh* I'm still debating who I hate more. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz or Michelle Bachman.
        Two-fer?
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Again Bob, I seem to recall a President presenting a budget with revenue projections that ended up matching expenditures. Do I now have your word that you will vote for the wife of that President in 2016 given that this issue means so much to you?
          "Oh, lookee, I just found those records that have been under subpoena for 18 months."
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Man I really wish the Republicans would drop this Benghazi thing. It's dumb. Even if they do find some sort of impropriety, nothing is going to come of it. It's a complete dead end. Yet they keep wasting their time, and thus, our time, on this folly. They come off looking like petty idiots.

I know it's going to be hard to fill in a circle with an R next to it this year...
            Bringing up Benghazi should not stop until all involved are executed for treason. Your ilk covered it up because you cared more about an election than the well-being of this country.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Bringing up Benghazi should not stop until all involved are executed for treason. Your ilk covered it up because you cared more about an election than the well-being of this country.
              Treason for what exactly? No, I really want to know. Treason for what?

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
              Two things. I agree that the budget as presented isn't something that would be realistically ever adopted. But, of course, you don't put forward a compromise position to begin with when you know the other side (Dems) will put forward something that's heavily tilted their way on social spending, defense, etc. Not that the Dems generally even bother trying to put forward budgets that address the deficit and debt.

I agree that defense spending can't increase and will have to decrease along with pretty much everything else (yes, including social programs). But, hey, at least Ryan gives something of a nod to trying to address the budget problems. I give kudos to anyone, Rep or Dem, who will put out a budget that addresses our financial irresponsibility, even if aspects of it aren't entirely realistic. Baby steps are better than no steps.
              You realize his budget uses savings from Obamacare to pay for stuff while at the same time calling for the repeal of Obamacare? The man is a joke. His budget is a joke. The party that supports his budget is a joke. At least the Democrats are honest about it. Spend, spend, spend.
              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-03-2014, 08:23 AM.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

McCain may be senile, so I'm not 100% sure of his motivations, but otherwise its a marketing campaign. People from Issa to Graham to any right wing media person know that their audience is full of conspiracy theorists. Therefore you give your ever dwindling but old and angry base what they want to hear. Rile them up and keep your ratings. Flaggy and Opie are a great example of the kind of people they're trying to reach.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  My ilk? Treason? Are you off your meds again? Christ you have to be the most simple minded idiot I have ever come across not just on this board, but in life.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You realize his budget uses savings from Obamacare to pay for stuff while at the same time calling for the repeal of Obamacare? The man is a joke. His budget is a joke. The party that supports his budget is a joke. At least the Democrats are honest about it. Spend, spend, spend.
                    You haven't listened to one of Obama's efforts to make it sound like he's trying to balance the budget or reduce the deficit, eh? Even around here I regularly get arguments that the Dems do as much or more to balance the budget as Republicans do. There isn't a whole lot of honestly from either party about budgetary issues. The tea party folks have their flaws, but they're at least pretty straightforward in pushing for more fiscal responsibility (cue up people freaking out about the tea party).
                    Originally posted by Priceless
                    Good to see you're so reasonable.
                    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                    Very well, said.
                    Originally posted by Rover
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Varnum turns 5 today. And yet somehow the world is still here and people's marriages are as strong as ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Varnum turns 5 today. And yet somehow the world is still here and people's marriages are as strong as ever.
                        maybe yours is, but my neighbors had their marriage shattered when a gang of marauding homosexuals broke into their home and started performing lewd sex acts right there in the living room! Now the former husband lives with a box turtle and the former wife lives with a group of lesbians

Comment

You haven't listened to one of Obama's efforts to make it sound like he's trying to balance the budget or reduce the deficit, eh? Even around here I regularly get arguments that the Dems do as much or more to balance the budget as Republicans do. There isn't a whole lot of honestly from either party about budgetary issues. The tea party folks have their flaws, but they're at least pretty straightforward in pushing for more fiscal responsibility (cue up people freaking out about the tea party).
                          Yeah, but he actually did reduce the deficit. And the number one thing he did in my mind is he put the wars on the books. If you remember correctly Bush never accounted for the wars in his budgets. So, I'd give Obama a C+ on budget honesty to Ryan's F.

Comment

Yeah, but he actually did reduce the deficit. And the number one thing he did in my mind is he put the wars on the books. If you remember correctly Bush never accounted for the wars in his budgets. So, I'd give Obama a C+ on budget honesty to Ryan's F.
                            You actually believe Obama is a lot better than Bush on this?

I forgot just how big an Obama apologist you are. I'll try not to forget again.
                            Very well, said.
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

You actually believe Obama is a lot better than Bush on this?

I forgot just how big an Obama apologist you are. I'll try not to forget again.
                              So, you think Bush is better? He hid the war off the books. What do you think Bush did better? He sat on the throne while our Banks destroyed the US economy. His watch. You want to blame everything that's happened on Obama's watch on Obama, that's fine with me. That means Bush tanked the economy of the United States. His SEC failed.

Comment

So, you think Bush is better? He hid the war off the books. What do you think Bush did better? He sat on the throne while our Banks destroyed the US economy. His watch. You want to blame everything that's happened on Obama's watch on Obama, that's fine with me. That means Bush tanked the economy of the United States. His SEC failed.
                                We're talking deficits here. Stop trying to switch subjects. Bush was bad on deficits. Obama significantly worse. The debt grew almost as much in Obama's first four years as it did in Bush's 8 years. I guess that's a win for Obama somehow in your book. And it's growing at a fast past as Obama's second term continues, albeit not quite as rampantly as his first term.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X