This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Saw a post/tweet that US is sending the A-10 to the ISIS/L conflict. Looking for an article to confirm.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      Obama's whole approach to the Middle East has left our traditional allies in the region wondering what the U.S. is thinking and whether we are an ally to be trusted. He's managed to make more enemies while also undermining what positive relationships we have in the region. He made a mess from the get go, making a visit to the Middle East early in his first term and pointedly skipping visiting our closest ally, Israel. It's hard to criticize Obama's policies in the region when he doesn't really seem to have any. So, I call trick question on you!
      Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelarious, Bob. Top notch.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelarious, Bob. Top notch.
        Hilarious isn't the first word I'd use to describe Obama's Middle East approach, but this is USCHO, so no surprise really.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Saw a post/tweet that US is sending the A-10 to the ISIS/L conflict. Looking for an article to confirm.
          Forget the A-10. Let's just battle ISIS with ISIS and be done with them.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Forget the A-10. Let's just battle ISIS with ISIS and be done with them.
            I think we should use ISIS
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
              Obama's whole approach to the Middle East has left our traditional allies in the region wondering what the U.S. is thinking and whether we are an ally to be trusted. He's managed to make more enemies while also undermining what positive relationships we have in the region. He made a mess from the get go, making a visit to the Middle East early in his first term and pointedly skipping visiting our closest ally, Israel. It's hard to criticize Obama's policies in the region when he doesn't really seem to have any. So, I call trick question on you!
              I've been critical of your posts in the past, Bob, for being overly vague, but I appreciate that you took a shot at it, and humor never hurts. I have to ask, though, what government do you believe were our allies in late 2008 but are now our enemies as a result of Obama's policies (or, as you say, lack of policies) ? And what positive relationships did we enjoy in late 2008 that have gone sour under Obama--and what is your evidence of that? What are the facts upon which you base your conclusions?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                I've been critical of your posts in the past, Bob, for being overly vague, but I appreciate that you took a shot at it, and humor never hurts. I have to ask, though, what government do you believe were our allies in late 2008 but are now our enemies as a result of Obama's policies (or, as you say, lack of policies) ? And what positive relationships did we enjoy in late 2008 that have gone sour under Obama--and what is your evidence of that? What are the facts upon which you base your conclusions?
                Careful. There are some on here who feel persecuted when they are asked to be reasonably specific in their criticism and to support it with facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  I think we should use ISIS
                  *****, please. I made that joke pages/ages ago.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Resubscribed because I was stupid and replied with a quote.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      *****, please. I made that joke pages/ages ago.
                      So did I
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                        You're expecting a straight answer not couched in avoidance, without playing the martyr card nor deflection?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          You're expecting a straight answer not couched in avoidance, without playing the martyr card nor deflection?
                          A girl can always hope. With a little time and the help of google or right-leaning websites, I thought he would come up with something that might lead to a decent discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Originally posted by burd View Post
                            A girl can always hope. With a little time and the help of google or right-leaning websites, I thought he would come up with something that might lead to a decent discussion.
                            Let me help:

Originally posted by Not Bob Gray
                            If you can't see how Obama's poor policy-making has weakened our alliances in the Middle East, then I can't help you. The evidence is out there if you do a little research. Until then, there's no point in engaging each other further.

Comment

Bob's in the same position most conservatives are, which is why I find his posts to be valuable. Vehement Obama opposition is great, but in any campaign, like 2012 or 2016, at some point you have to say what you would do, not "I disagree" 5,000 times. Recall Dems were on track to fall short yet again in the 2006 mid-terms until they finally came out against the war, a firm departure from Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld principles.

So when Mittens starting bleating about keeping US troops in Iraq and spending an extra 2T over 10 years on the military, he became a laughingstock which he still is despite all his poor sportsmanship of late. We've asked Bob, Opie, Fishy, and all other righties the same question - what would you do differently in the Middle East? Nobody's given us a coherent answer, leading me to believe nobody on the right has one.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Bob's in the same position most conservatives are, which is why I find his posts to be valuable. Vehement Obama opposition is great, but in any campaign, like 2012 or 2016, at some point you have to say what you would do, not "I disagree" 5,000 times. Recall Dems were on track to fall short yet again in the 2006 mid-terms until they finally came out against the war, a firm departure from Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld principles.

So when Mittens starting bleating about keeping US troops in Iraq and spending an extra 2T over 10 years on the military, he became a laughingstock which he still is despite all his poor sportsmanship of late. We've asked Bob, Opie, Fishy, and all other righties the same question - what would you do differently in the Middle East? Nobody's given us a coherent answer, leading me to believe nobody on the right has one.
                                Stay on the sidelines. If we feel it is in the national interest to get involved, do so by proxy.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X