• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

From the Karma is a b-itch file

#NoVirginsForYou

@BretBaier

Confirmed: 1st Female pilot for UAE was their team leader in the Syria strikes Monday night -Major Mariam Al Mansouri
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
      She can fly jets but they don't let her drive or walk unaccompanied by a man.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is supposed to be a generational conflict good for at least 15 years' of appropriations. We can't do anything right.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I find it interesting that neither Lindsey, nor King, nor McCain thought it important for Obama to have authorization before bombing Syria.

And, I also find it interesting that the Bone Man and McConnell want their states to re-elect them to great positions of power while they spend their current time in office shirking their responsibility.

Congress is broken.
          Not a syllable of criticism for a single Democrat. Including the cup wielding clown in the WH. Nicely done. I'm trying to guess your reaction if either Bush had failed to go to Congress for authorization for military action. Just a WAG, but I'm guessing you'd have been a teensy bit critical.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            Not a syllable of criticism for a single Democrat. Including the cup wielding clown in the WH. Nicely done. I'm trying to guess your reaction if either Bush had failed to go to Congress for authorization for military action. Just a WAG, but I'm guessing you'd have been a teensy bit critical.
            Obama didn't fail to go to Congress. He asked Congress to do it and they declined.

Bush took us to war when he knew better. Now Obama is doing the same. They're both idiots as far as I'm concerned.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm trying to remember the name of the poster who always hyperventilates whenever anyone else brings Bush The Lesser into a discussion. An old guy wearing a perpetual scowl and what remains of a 50-yerar-old Goldwater for President t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                I'm trying to remember the name of the poster who always hyperventilates whenever anyone else brings Bush The Lesser into a discussion. An old guy wearing a perpetual scowl and what remains of a 50-yerar-old Goldwater for President t-shirt.

Perhaps. At least the old dude makes an effort (not always successfully) to be consistent. Unlike others (who shall go nameless) who find no fault whatsoever with any Democrat anywhere, ever (unless he/she changes party) especially The One. Kepler, to the best of my knowledge, is the only member of the chorale to suggest He needs congressional approval here. The rest of you just genuflect every time he walks by. The old boy also occasionally wonders when the ladies of the chorale will start laying at least a little blame at the feet of the Community Organizer in Chief. It's been six years, girls.

BTW, that's not a scowl. It's gas.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 09-24-2014, 10:25 PM.
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Perhaps. At least the old dude makes an effort (not always successfully) to be consistent. Unlike others (who shall go nameless) who find no fault whatsoever with any Democrat anywhere, ever (unless he/she changes party) especially The One. Kepler, to the best of my knowledge, is the only member of the chorale to suggest He needs congressional approval here. The rest of you just genuflect every time he walks by. The old boy also occasionally wonders when the ladies of the chorale will start laying at least a little blame at the feet of the Community Organizer in Chief. It's been six years, girls.

BTW, that's not a scowl. It's gas.
                  I'm going to give you credit for spending only half your time in fantasyland in this post Opie! I've often been on Obama's case for not sending you to that gulag you so richly deserve to reside in, but I must complement you on the self realization that you're a weird, unpleasant, smelly old geezer. So, kudos to you...I guess...
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    I'm going to give you credit for spending only half your time in fantasyland in this post Opie! I've often been on Obama's case for not sending you to that gulag you so richly deserve to reside in, but I must complement you on the self realization that you're a weird, unpleasant, smelly old geezer. So, kudos to you...I guess...
                    Why is it a lot of liberal Democrats shout from the highest mountain they love free speech, yet do their ****dest to restrict it - particularly when they disagree with the speaker or subject matter?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Why is it a lot of liberal Democrats shout from the highest mountain they love free speech, yet do their ****dest to restrict it - particularly when they disagree with the speaker or subject matter?

I'm not trying to restrict Opie's free speech. He can have a computer in the gulag if he chooses.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Why is it the people who scream the most about free speech know the least about the first amendment or what it actually means?

Comment

Kepler, to the best of my knowledge, is the only member of the chorale to suggest He needs congressional approval here.
                          I do not think this is true. I don't have a scorecard, but I think there are a bunch of liberals here who take Congressional approval of acts of war seriously and want to see the Executive hamstrung unless it is a case of defense against immediate, specific danger. One of Obama's many failing in my eyes is he campaigned on the understanding that Unitary Executive Theory is unconstitutional and hugely dangerous and should be tossed onto the ash heap of history. No doubt he would argue that in the absence of a functioning Congress he has no choice. I disagree. I think by continuing the trend of usurping legislative prerogatives he has emboldened the cynics in the GOP caucus, since they can both have their cake (not take potentially embarrassing actions) and eat it too (blame him if it goes wrong; say he should have acted sooner if it goes right; sue him for the usurpation of power in either case). For that matter, he's also let a lot of Dem Members off the hook who don't want to risk making their own version of Hillary's Iraq vote.

The presidency is far, far too strong as has been so since WW2. Every subsequent president, of both parties, has made it worse. The incumbent party is always tempted to use this power "for good," particularly when the other party controls Congress, but that's not the way our government is supposed to work. Even if it is too much to ask for a president to "unilaterally disarm" in the face of a opposing Congress, I hope that someday the fever breaks and, perhaps during a period of hat trick rule, the branches come back into alignment.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 09-25-2014, 10:16 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Kepler, to the best of my knowledge, is the only member of the chorale to suggest He needs congressional approval here.
                            This is the most laughable comment, yet. The guys in Congress who scream the loudest about war (Lindsey, McCain, and King) are also the biggest ******* when it comes to Congressional approval and fighting for it.

The Bone Man and McConnell have been gutless on the matter.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I guess this makes the most sense here: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-on-the-ground

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                I guess this makes the most sense here: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-on-the-ground
                                And yet they have a problem with women voters. Who would think it?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X