X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    3 days without food, power, water, internet and you've got anarchy on your hands.
    "No society is more than three meals away from revolution." -- Leon Trotsky (maybe)
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Ticket to Ride and King's Cribbage are several that the wife and I enjoy.
      Originally posted by Priceless
      Good to see you're so reasonable.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
      Very well, said.
      Originally posted by Rover
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I'd say 8-12 hours would lead to anarchy and a complete breakdown in society.
        Having lived through the devastation of a direct hit from Hurricane Irene (8 days without any electric power from the grid), and also the great Northeast blackout of 2003, there may be hope for humanity yet! Most people were generous and helpful in my experience, and there was no widespread looting despite police being preoccupied elsewhere.

Now, you could then respond in turn that the prospect of repairs on their way gave people hope, and if there was no prospect of recovery, people would have behaved differently, and I couldn't really argue with that.
        Last edited by FreshFish; 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Russia throws the heavy artillery vs. the West.
          @SlavaMalamud:
          In another stupid move, Russia is closing its McDonald's franchises. A smart move for USA would be to close the ones here, in retaliation.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Jefferson County, NY - frontline of America's defense??

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...WS03/140829948
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Well, worst case I can finally build one of the beast Magic decks I've always wanted in the rioting and looting.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I'm in favor of the death of every single member of ISIS.

No mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

No mercy.
                  DeNiro expressed it in The Untouchables:

I want you to get this fcuk where he breathes! I want you to find this nancy-boy Eliot Ness, I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna pizz ON HIS ASHES!
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

No mercy.
                    BHO:
                    One thing we can all agree on is that a group like ISIL has no place in the 21st century
                    Right, and cockroaches have no place in a clean modern kitchen, either.

but guess what, Mr. President: the only way to rid a kitchen of cockroaches is to call in an exterminator. They won't leave on their own.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

No mercy.
                      Scorched earth.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I listened to quite a bit of the President's speech on ISIS. I have to say, it almost felt personal. He's ****ed.

I don't think he's going to roll over on this.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                          BHO:

but guess what, Mr. President: the only way to rid a kitchen of cockroaches is to call in an exterminator. They won't leave on their own.
                          Are you ****ing kidding me? Have you been watching the news? What do you want him to actually do?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Scorched earth.
                            I'm with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              BHO:

Funny thing about playing whack a mole. You never win.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So we have to go back in to Iraq to fix the problem caused by us when we screwed the whole thing up in the first place? My lord we really dont learn from our mistakes do we...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X