X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Apparently ISIS has seized an Iraqi chemical weapons plant.

Do we / anyone vaporize the place to make sure that ISIS does not produce/have/use WMD's?
    Huh?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Apparently ISIS has seized an Iraqi chemical weapons plant.

Do we / anyone vaporize the place to make sure that ISIS does not produce/have/use WMD's?
      Any leftover chemicals have already been buried in concrete and are unlikely to be in a condition to be weaponized anyway. I'm shocked that whatever news source you got this from failed to mention those parts and stuck with the fear mongering...

Edit: the facility has been unusable since 1991.
      Last edited by unofan; 06-20-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

No way. Who occupies a nation for 8 years while leaving chemical weapons behind? I refuse to believe that's factual.

Edit. Answered by unofan.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Megyn has had a good week.

For a brief moment I don't have to feel dirty that I've always thought she's hot.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He didn't lie after all. http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines...pons-stockpile

Comment

Unsafe at any altitude: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/inv...e-sky/?hpid=z1
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                You've already been disproven, but its sure interesting when a so called independent loonitarian starts carrying water for George W Bush! No wonder nobody takes you guys seriously..
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Some interesting perspectives on the situation in Iraq. Gives me even more pause for us to help go after the Sunni insurgents.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Secur...nse-about-Iraq
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                    Some interesting perspectives on the situation in Iraq. Gives me even more pause for us to help go after the Sunni insurgents.

Good article. The part I don't understand about the "Go Back Into Iraq" crowd is what exactly is the mission over there? If its to keep the peace, that means we'll be there forever. If its to fight terrorism, we can do that with drones and special forces, not with an occupation. If its to justify the dumbf*k world view that is neo-conservatism, then I want to see the kids of Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Bremer and all their media enablers (Kristol, etc) join up for the front lines. Its real easy sending other people to die for your cause.

Its pretty sad when its left to Megyn Kelly to confront these bozos on air while the rest of the lamestream media sits around with their thumbs up their you know what.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The old saying about how the enemy of your enemy is your friend is becoming quite confusing right now, as to the extent we go in to help Maliki, we're helping out Iran and Bashar Assad. The idea of chopping up Iraq as best as can be done into three separate countries may be the way things go at some point, if not be negotiation, by the reality on the ground. Iraq's government seems totally unable to control its Sunni areas, which isn't suprising as Maliki has become more sectarian and authoritarian as each day goes by. It would be nice to see the Sunni tribes make a bit of effort to show this isn't just an ISIS show, as it might help people plug into some of the complexities of the situation more than seems to be happening.
                      Originally posted by Priceless
                      Good to see you're so reasonable.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                      Very well, said.
                      Originally posted by Rover
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post

Very good article. The linked interview on the limitations of COIN/CT doctrine is also good. Thank you for posting this.

There is intelligent coverage, we just won't find it in either the entertainment media (CNN, ABC, CBS) or the party propaganda organs (MSNBC, FNC). Those aren't doing journalism.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 06-23-2014, 11:48 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Good article. The part I don't understand about the "Go Back Into Iraq" crowd is what exactly is the mission over there.
                          Keep oil flowing, it's the only mission there has ever been.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Keep oil flowing, it's the only mission there has ever been.
                            So it wasn't flowing in 2002?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              So it wasn't flowing in 2002?
                              I'm sure it was but to who and at what price? What else is Iraq good for? Getting to Iran?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Very good article. The linked interview on the limitations of COIN/CT doctrine is also good. Thank you for posting this.

There is intelligent coverage, we just won't find it in either the entertainment media (CNN, ABC, CBS) or the party propaganda organs (MSNBC, FNC). Those aren't doing journalism.
                                BBC or Al-Jazeera are your best bet.

Comment

Working...
                                X