• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Take up the White Man's Burden, Pat.
    http://m.townhall.com/columnists/pat...rt-do-n1892117

Yea it's aboot Scotland, but near the end those pesky Muslims from Africa get in the picture. I guess Pat yearns for pre 1948 Europe.

Unless Ferdinand and Isabella return to the Spanish throne, it ain't gonna happen.
    Pat is so interesting, and so bizarre. He's a 19th century populist-racist fixed in amber. To be honest, he is probably closer to the way of thinking of most people than anybody on the traditional left or right.

There's a reason for internationalism, Pat. Nationalism and nativism lead to warfare, both between and within states. That was cute when the top of the line war machine was the frigate, but the world just can't afford it in the age of missiles and nukes.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-16-2014, 09:51 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Is there a USCHO Poser of the Year Award for dumbest statement?
      Yup. It's named after you.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Remember this is Pio...you are either with him or completely normal!

You are a liberal just like I oppose Israel cause I hate Jews...dont tell my parents or I will be stuck going to Yom Kippur services to atone
        Still playing your favorite song on the calliope I see: "I'm a Jew so I can't possibly be wrong in anything I say about Israel. Oy Ve."

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Yup, you nailed me. I'm a typical libtard.
          Well, suggesting today's concerns motivated opposition to that self righteous old bat in 1941 is pretty strong evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Of course, reports of soldiers having a hard time assimilating upon their return from Iraq and Afghanistan are more peacenik fantasy, right?

The suicide rates? The difficulty in finding employment? The rate of depression? The horribly maimed and injured?

All just Hollywood, no doubt.
            All serious problems we need to work harder to solve (short of abandoning our role in the world), but they do not invalidate my observations about post war peaceniks wanting to justify carrying NVA/Viet Cong flags and schlepping off to Hanoi to engage in a little commie fellatio.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              Well, suggesting today's concerns motivated opposition to that self righteous old bat in 1941 is pretty strong evidence.
              In what way did I apply today's concerns to her WWII vote? I merely stated that she voted against going to war with Japan, and therefore a mob of men followed her out of the building, scaring her along the way to the point where she called the cops. All of that's well documented, and I just added the opinion that it shows a lack of that gentlemanly spirit so many profess to have. Except for you, you just profess hatred and bile towards anyone who doesn't tow your line.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Is "peacenik" the new "libstain"? If you throw it out there one more time, do you think it might actually become an insult?

As opposed to what you and the rest of the chickenhawks on Sunday talk shows seem to think, it is not "anti-American" to oppose the use of American troops in efforts to police the world. America has air superiority - ground operations should rarely be necessary going forward.
                No one said it was, Patrick Henry. But it is anti-American to display the flags of our enemies (sop during Vietnam anti-war demonstrations), to root for a North Vietnamese victory and to travel to the capital city of our enemies to collaborate with them. Hanoi Jane was neither the first nor the only in that regard, just the most famous.

I've already served on active duty and am a little too old to do so again. So I'm not entirely certain where "chicken hawk" is coming from except from an inability to argue intelligently.

You'd be better off sharing your concerns about American ground troops with the Community Organizer in Chief, since he seems unable to make up his mind.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 09-16-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

In what way did I apply today's concerns to her WWII vote? I merely stated that she voted against going to war with Japan, and therefore a mob of men followed her out of the building, scaring her along the way to the point where she called the cops. All of that's well documented, and I just added the opinion that it shows a lack of that gentlemanly spirit so many profess to have. Except for you, you just profess hatred and bile towards anyone who doesn't tow your line.
                  Without addressing your primary arguments, I wanted to take this opportunity to come down on the side of "toe the line" as opposed to your usage. http://grammartips.homestead.com/toetheline.html
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

So I suppose beating the sh*t out of her wouldn't have met with your approval either? Truthfully, I don't hate anyone, except America's enemies. Neither she nor you fall into that category. You aren't important enough.

Comment

So I suppose beating the sh*t out of her wouldn't have met with your approval either? Truthfully, I don't hate anyone, except America's enemies. Neither she nor you fall into that category. You aren't important enough.
                      You must be a blast at parties.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        Without addressing your primary arguments, I wanted to take this opportunity to come down on the side of "toe the line" as opposed to your usage. http://grammartips.homestead.com/toetheline.html
                        Typo, wasn't paying attention.

Comment

You must be a blast at parties.
                          Even by the heavily discounted standards we apply to you, that's pretty weak.

Comment

and so the war on terror takes a hiatus while we go to war with each other instead.....

Frankly, I find it breathtakingly hypocritical for people to get all worked up about a so-called "war on women" inside the US when those same people are totally silent about the real-life atrocities inflicted upon women in some Muslim countries. How outrageous to ask for a woman to pay for her own birth control! Oh, the horror! yet clitorectomies are given a complete pass. Women who are caught committing adultery have stones thrown at them until they keel over dead. no big deal. we have to understand how those men are working through years of western oppression.

I guess I'm just old-fashioned.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              I guess I'm just old-fashioned.

Or stupid!
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

No one said it was, Patrick Henry. But it is anti-American to display the flags of our enemies (sop during Vietnam anti-war demonstrations), to root for a North Vietnamese victory and to travel to the capital city of our enemies to collaborate with them. Hanoi Jane was neither the first nor the only in that regard, just the most famous.

I've already served on active duty and am a little too old to do so again. So I'm not entirely certain where "chicken hawk" is coming from except from an inability to argue intelligently.

You'd be better off sharing your concerns about American ground troops with the Community Organizer in Chief, since he seems unable to make up his mind.
                                By your own admission weren't you a desk jockey stateside when the shooting was going on? There's nothing wrong with that mind you as my own father did the same, but it doesn't qualify you as an expert on military affairs any more than it did him.

PS - Whatever they're paying the orderlies on your ward, it can't nearly be enough.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X