X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It applies. It applies to your question. Neither the justification you proposed in your question nor the justification that was used pass the PBR test.

GWB can't hold Jimmy's jockstrap.
    What is this, T-ball? Where's General Wenck?
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      This is actually a great piece, even though it's -- gasp -- Kos.

Could we at least have a bipartisan demand that Obama must ask Congress for the explicit right to fight ISIS and Congress must explicitly debate and vote on a resolution? Can we use this moment, where everybody gets their hands dirty and so nobody gets exclusive use of political advantage, to both put limits back on the executive and force the legislature to take up its responsibilities?

That is what the Framers had in mind, after all.
      WHAT!! Congress to actually do something responsible? I think they confused that word with reprehensible.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Who's justifying the war? I'm genuinely curious if the grounds laid out for the war had been entirely different, would people still have been so vehemently against it. It was a bad war, a needless war.
        I can only speak for myself. The WMD argument was persuasive. I bought it. Then I found out they lied. That moved my bar up beyond WMD. Thus, I'm not in favor of the new ISIS war.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          The typical usage is this: you can call a Senator a "Member of Congress" but never a Congressman. I kid thee not, they care about the difference.
          I don't doubt it. They can't do squat legislating, but they are picky about what they're called. Is Congressperson more acceptable?
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

This is actually a great piece, even though it's -- gasp -- Kos.

Could we at least have a bipartisan demand that Obama must ask Congress for the explicit right to fight ISIS and Congress must explicitly debate and vote on a resolution? Can we use this moment, where everybody gets their hands dirty and so nobody gets exclusive use of political advantage, to both put limits back on the executive and force the legislature to take up its responsibilities?

You're under arrest. . .for impersonating a strict constructionist.
            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Remember that one guy back in high school? Yeah, that guy. Well, there's always that one guy.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hmm....before the US invaded Iraq, President Bush first had both Houses of Congress vote to approve it. That is a factual statement. You can look it up. The Senate vote was 77-23 and the House vote was 297 - 133.

Yet you are not happy about that either. You'd think Congress would have conducted its own investigation to verify the facts before voting, no?

So if we go to war with a vote, there is a problem, if we go to war without a vote there is a problem, yet if we are directly attacked and do nothing in response, that also is a problem.

Do you ever propose solutions??
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Do you ever propose solutions??
                  Hi pot. Meet kettle.

Comment

Vietnam problem.

Train the locals to fight the bad guys. Locals fold and are corrupt. To stop the bad guys, you have to intervene. Morass ensues.

I hope we do not repeat the past.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Beats the Carter Doctrine, anyway.

If we're going to exploit people and steal their oil, for god's sake let's make those people Canadian. It's closer, the women are prettier, they already speak English and they've got hockey.
                      You lost me precisely here.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        If I'm the execs at this company, I would have immediately come out to the press and said, "Try and imprison this company while you kindly go **** yourself."
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Crap. #3

wtop ‏@wtop 13s
                          new video from islamic state appears to show execution of british hostage, according to multiple reports.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Lindsey Graham went all in this morning on Fox News Sunday. Never seen any Senator so angry and so anxious for war in my life.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Turkey said "no thanks" to U.S. use of air bases, then the photo's come out where they gave free health care to an ISIS/ISIL leader. Most of the middle eastern countries contacted by POTUS were ambivalent at best to his plan and the responses reflected that. That means his "strategy" won't work and he'll need to revise/rethink/recalibrate...will he???

Given that, I can see why Graham would be ****ed as hell and ready to have the U.S. take this on alone. In a way I don't blame him, I mean how many **** beheadings and how many "Allāhu Akbar" shouts and prayers before/during massacres will the world take?

Where he's wrong is the U.S. (with or without our Canadian and British friends) should not go this alone. I believe we need Israel, Russia, China, Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Australia, Japan, and more to join in this war...
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Well of course he wants war...it isnt like he will be the one dying over there. These guys got no skin in the game its all a big game of Risk to them.

We need to not go to war period. Havent enough Americans died trying to fix an unfixable problem? This bloodlust some have to prove they are still young and verile by sending young men and women to die is disgusting.

But hey, if we are off killing all the dirty sand people, we dont have to pay attention to the fact that Rome is burning right? Its like none of these people took a history class..world or US.

No more War...I dont care who is president. Enough Americans have died and nothing we do will change any of this.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X