X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Hey Kepler - regarding your trading partners....

Do we divide the world horizontally or vertically?
    We get the W. Hemisphere; the others can fight over the EH.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      Everyone is a genius in retrospect, eh?

Funny, if I think that something is true, and it turns out that I was mistaken, is that a "lie"? I thought that a "lie" included a deliberate attempt to deceive, and if I thought I was telling the truth but I was relying on erroneous information, that was a "mistake" but not a "lie."

The whole pretext for the invasion and occupation was that Saddam was refusing to comply with multiple UN resolutions. Saddam himself could have short-circuited the whole process merely by saying, "welcome, UN weapons inspectors. I have no WMDs, and you have full and unfettered access to any place you want to look to prove it."

If it was a "lie" then Saddam himself did plenty to perpetuate that "lie" as well.
      This is nice cover, but ignores reality. You can cloak the real reasons we invaded behind a shield of busted UN resolutions if it makes you happy, but anyone interested in more than trying to win the internets would treat such rhetoric like the plague. It's childish, ignorant, dangerous and dooms us to a future in which we continue to languish in a cycle of failed decision making. Cheney and his merry band of crooks aren't going to prison and only an incompetent sycophant would buy a history book that tells a different tale, so the time to start actually doing the citizens of this country a favor is now, but starts only when we come clean. The knuckle-drsggers in the US need NWAA (New World Orders Anonymous) in the baddest of ways, time to take the step of admittance.

Comment

• Want the Pope to draw the lines? Worked once, sort of.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Yay, more war. Wheeeee.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Yay, more war. Wheeeee.
            Aren't bomber pilots combat troops?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The problem is the real enemy is at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

U.S. Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Grantville) addressed the Benghazi investigation and terrorist organization ISIS among other topics Saturday morning at the Cobb County GOP breakfast at its headquarters. […]

“I’m not going to stand here and confirm or deny anything,” Westmoreland told the crowd. “Our job is to figure out the truth.”

Westmoreland spent much of his speech criticizing Democrats. “I think our enemy stands on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.,” Westmoreland said to loud applause.
              http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...back-spotlight
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Wow. John McCain is slamming Obama on MSNBC right now. Banging those drums. Holy.......................

And here's the Bone Man statement. Another skewer. Slam.
                Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 09-10-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Wow. John McCain is slamming Obama on MSNBC right now. Banging those drums. Holy.......................

And here's the Bone Man statement. Another skewer. Slam.
                  It's pretty easy to write a Republican statement. You start with the conclusion that Obama is evil and then just backfill the "reasons."
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    It's pretty easy to write a Republican statement. You start with the conclusion that Obama is evil and then just backfill the "reasons."
                    I never seen someone so upset as McCain was tonight. Someone stole his ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I never seen someone so upset as McCain was tonight. Someone stole his ice cream.
                      More likely dental cream.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Or just rewrite the Bush releases.
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 09-11-2014, 01:25 AM.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Not in the commonly accepted use of the word. That would change in one quick hurry, however, if the savages capture and behead a pilot.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I think if Republicans want ground troops committed to Iraq, they should come out and say so. We all know what sad old man McCain really wants, its time for him and his pals to say it in public. The guy's not afraid of hitting the Sunday talk show circuit, to say the least. Campaign on a "lets invade Iraq AND Syria" platform. I have no idea if that's the GOP's stance in total, but these neo-conservative failures need to own to what they'd really like to do. How many troops would you commit, and for how long?
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              I think if Republicans want ground troops committed to Iraq, they should come out and say so.
                              Better yet, whoever -- Dem or GOP -- proposes war should have to also propose how we pay for it. I want explicit war taxes, levied over and above the general tax structure. Make it hurt. If it's truly a national interest, people will be willing to pay for it. Or put it this way: a national interest is defined as that for which people are willing to pay.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                You can cloak the real reasons we invaded behind a shield of busted UN resolutions if it makes you happy
                                what part of my use of the word "pretext" did you not understand??
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X