X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    There was also a tornado, but that's not germain to the story.
    Jermaine?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      +1. When I get to a pc, rep.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

John McCain would like you to know that if we'd only have US Troops everywhere then everywhere wouldn't be at war.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

BTW, in response to some rep I got since I can't respond via rep 'cause I have to spread it around first:

Go **** yourself as well. 9/11 was almost 15 years ago and does not give you a blank check to go play soldier wherever you want around the world. You cheapen the memory of however many friends you lost by invoking that day almost by reflex to justify anything you want the U.S. to do militarily.

Comment

The god damm Germans got nothin' to do with it!

Comment

The British Embassy in the United States sent out a tweet marking the anniversary of the White House being burned during the War of 1812, joking that this time they were only using sparklers.

People lacking a sense of humor responded as expected.

The Embassy has just issued an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                People lacking a sense of humor responded as expected.
                The Confederates?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  I wonder now if MacArthur was more right than Truman.

You think we should have nuked the major cities in mainland China? Yikes.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Lyndsey Graham wants you to know that ISIS is now a Varsity Terrorist group and not a JV.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Lyndsey Graham wants you to know that ISIS is now a Varsity Terrorist group and not a JV.
                      Do they get to wear Varsity team jackets as well? I think Lindsey might want to hold a Senate hearing on that one....

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Do they get scholarships?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Will they bring an end to life as we know it like Penn State did?
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            I don't mind you providing your thoughts...but I think you're stretching it on a number of points. France is doing quite a bit. Other countries don't get 'mad' when the US doesn't do anything.

Frankly I don't know why they should. They did everything in their power to stop us from creating the emerging disaster. But rather than listen, compromise or try alternatives...we called them names and invaded. We either clean it up or we don't...no blame to place here because our guilt. This is strictly our mess.
                            Speaking of stretching the point. The assumption that we alone created the situation is certainly debatable but whatever.
                            second, maybe other countries don't get mad but there certainly is noticeable numbers of negative press when we do something they don't like. even if it might be uninformed. In other words they get mad.
                            And they should because it's in their interest to help stabilize the situation.
                            Maybe it's incorrect, but it seems that most NATO countries aren't willing to do much but complain, their budgets don't allow them to do much else because they, by spending so little, have placed the primary burden of their national defense on us.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Maybe it's incorrect, but it seems that most NATO countries aren't willing to do much but complain, their budgets don't allow them to do much else because they, by spending so little, have placed the primary burden of their national defense on us.
                              That's a mutual decision. America's military umbrella is also a hammer in political and economic negotiations. We aint a charity -- somebody's getting plenty back for the tax dollars we expend on ally defense (the grand old plan of socializing costs while privatizing profits).
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Agreed about Europe. I believe the only EU country that allocates what its supposed to for national defense is England. France under Hollande is doing more nowadays but prior to that they were terrible in this regard. Germany, the EU's largest economy, needs to stop playing kiss-*** with Putin and pony up more money for the defense of the continent especially since they're nearest to a lot of the conflict areas.

The days of the US actively looking around for conflicts to get involved in is over. Other countries need to solve their own internal problems themselves (that means you Iraq) first and foremost. We'll help where we can, but enough of the US bearing all of the burden.

Comment

Working...
                                X