X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The idea of replacing Saddam was probably a good one. The fact that they had no idea on who should replace Saddam was bad - very bad.
    Oh, BS. We'll be greeted as liberators then, and we'll be greeted as liberators now.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

F that. I want John Oliver to stay with his current show.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Do they think Todd is going to actually improve things?
        How are you going to hear him speak with his head that far up Obamas butt?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Pat does it again
          http://m.townhall.com/columnists/pat...hreat-n1877527
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Peter King is STILL getting lots of air time. Saw him this morning on Morning Joe explaining how ISIS was coming to America and what we needed to do in Iraq to prevent it.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Peter King is STILL getting lots of air time. Saw him this morning on Morning Joe explaining how ISIS was coming to America and what we needed to do in Iraq to prevent it.
              I don't suppose the host or hosts asked a question like "haven't you people been wrong on just about every Iraq assumption you've made over the past 12 years" or is that too "biased" a question? So far its been only Megan Kelly on Fox of all places who called out Dick head Cheney to his face.

Oh, I shouldn't forget to give a shout out to that panelist on one of the boring Sunday shows who told Bill Kristol to his face that if he was so into sending US troops to Iraq why didn't he join the Iraqi Army himself! That's a good question to pose to Pio and Fishy amongst others out here...
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

That's a well reasoned and written opinion.

I agree with him 100%.

Comment

Pitchfork Pat isn't a bad analyst with the exception of the immigration debate where he used to delve into xenophobia. I seem to recall way back him doing an election night show or something with Rachael Maddow where they were both panelists and not the host but they were pretty informative unlike 99.9% of paid political commentary these days.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Peter King is STILL getting lots of air time. Saw him this morning on Morning Joe explaining how ISIS was coming to America
                    Definitely a cake and party. Would a "Welcome to America" parade be overdoing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      That's a well reasoned and written opinion.

I agree with him 100%.
                      I agree with him, though it's tempered by two considerations:

1. It is possible to use military means to prevent a genocide, and that's not equivalent to our usual strategy of "first, protect the oil." An intervention in this case would not be furthering the chimerical and/or cynical aims of the prior administration, it would be for good reasons.

2. When reading what Pat doesn't think is an existential threat, it's worth keeping in mind what he does regard as an existential threat.

Truly, America faces an existential crisis. Are the racial, political, social, and cultural forces pulling us apart overwhelming the forces holding us together?

It is the belief of the author and premise of this book that America is indeed coming apart, decomposing, and that the likelihood of her survival as one nation through midcentury is improbable -- and impossible if America continues on her current course. For we are on a path to national suicide.

[...]

How is America committing suicide? Every way a nation can.

The American majority is not reproducing itself. Its birthrate has been below replacement level for decades. Forty-five million of its young have been destroyed in the womb since Roe v. Wade, as Asian, African, and Latin American children come to inherit the estate the lost generation of American children never got to see.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, from 2005 to 2006, our minority population rose 2.4 million to exceed 100 million. Hispanics, 1 percent of the U.S. population in 1950, are now 14.4 percent. Since 2000, their numbers have soared 25 percent to 45 million. The U.S. Asian population grew by 24 percent since 2000, as the number of white kids of school age fell 4 percent. Half the children five and younger today are minority children.

-- Pat Buchanan, Day of Reckoning: How Hubris, Ideology, and Greed Are Tearing America Apart, 2007, pp. 7-8
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

More white babies!
                        More white babies!
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

1. It is possible to use military means to prevent a genocide, and that's not equivalent to our usual strategy of "first, protect the oil." An intervention in this case would not be furthering the chimerical and/or cynical aims of the prior administration, it would be for good reasons.

2. When reading what Pat doesn't think is an existential threat, it's worth keeping in mind what he does regard as an existential threat.
                          I wonder if that pickup line would work..
                          "Pat Buchanan thinks we need to ****."

Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I was only agreeing with his points on the current ISIS situation, not whatever else he may be saying although to be honest, I don't reflexively disagree with him by any means - I've caught him making sense in the past too.

As far as using our military to prevent genocide, I believe that we can (should in some cases) use our air power to support "friendlies" on the ground. I'm not up for sending our troops in to fight for people who should be fighting for themselves and their fellow countrymen.

If our air power can give the "good guys" the upper hand (while minimizing/eliminating risk to our boys) and prevent genocide, then I say light 'em up!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              I wonder if that pickup line would work..
                              "Pat Buchanan thinks we need to ****."

Probably not.
                              Abstinence is murder.

Pat's got himself an ally in spirit.

The greatest enemy of theocracy from Tehran to Texas is an educated, financially independent, sexually confident woman.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 08-12-2014, 01:10 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                I was only agreeing with his points on the current ISIS situation, not whatever else he may be saying although to be honest, I don't reflexively disagree with him by any means - I've caught him making sense in the past too.

As far as using our military to prevent genocide, I believe that we can (should in some cases) use our air power to support "friendlies" on the ground. I'm not up for sending our troops in to fight for people who should be fighting for themselves and their fellow countrymen.

If our air power can give the "good guys" the upper hand (while minimizing/eliminating risk to our boys) and prevent genocide, then I say light 'em up!
                                Exactly. Conflicts like this should follow the Bosnia playbook. If you have reliable allies on the ground, bomb the enemy with superior air power while the faction you're supporting slowly takes advantage and eventually defeats their advisary. ISIS is doomed to be blown to bits whenever they're in a convoy or firing artillery or any heavy equipment. Without that advantage, hell, maybe even the idiot Iraqi army can defeat them - that elite fighting force conservatives had been telling us about.

Comment

Working...
                                X