X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    In an effort to address the "North Dakota Problem," they were hoping that radiation would leach and render the inhabitants sterile.

Unfortunately, it only caused mutations which have been passed on to subsequent generations...

"The problem with North Dakota is that it's full of North Dakotans."
    Longshanks, you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      I don't know if its increased media scrutiny or increased carelessness, but is sure does seem like we're hearing more incidents of the IDF bombing questionable targets in the last few years. I recall the same thing happening during the Lebanon invasion a few years back as well.

Look, I can't put myself in their place but I thought carpet bombing a region went out a long time ago. I'm sure Hamas is hiding in some of these places, but shielding yourself in civilian areas isn't a new phenomenon. There's got to be a better way of dealing with that.
      Gaza Strip = 1.8M residents in 139 sq miles = 13k per sq mi.
      New York City = 8.3M in 469 sq miles = 17.8k per sq mi.

Imagine trying to bomb ANYTHING in NYC without taking out a few civilians...

Not that I'm giving Israel a free pass or condoning the bombings, but given that there are bombings, it doesn't surprise me in the least that there is this kind of collateral damage - it's entirely plausible to me that each and every civilian casualty was an honest mistake and nothing nefarious is going on.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Joe Scarborough's gonna get a visit from Mossad.
        And how many of those deaths attributed to the IDF are actually the result of Hamas incompetence and POS missiles?

During the day Wednesday, 140 rockets were fired from Gaza, indiscriminately destined for Israel. According to Israel Defense Forces, 81 hit Israel, 9 were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense system, and 50 fell short within the Gaza Strip. Thirty-six percent of the rockets intended for Israel fell short in Gaza.
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Look, I can't put myself in their place but I thought carpet bombing a region went out a long time ago. I'm sure Hamas is hiding in some of these places, but shielding yourself in civilian areas isn't a new phenomenon. There's got to be a better way of dealing with that.
          The other way to do that is urban warfare, house to house, like we did in Fallujah. That would kill a lot of Israeli soldiers. They're trading Palestinian civilian casualties for Iraqi military casualties, at a big markup. Lousy morality, but good for morale.

At the end of the day, war is industrialized murder. There is no way to make it not that, no matter what words are used. Any tactics you use to let up on innocent bystanders are probably going to put your soldiers at greater risk. The moral of the story is don't get attacked, because no matter what their form of government, during the period of that attack they are going to behave like sociopaths, because sociopathology wins battles.
          Last edited by Kepler; 07-31-2014, 03:50 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
            And how many of those deaths attributed to the IDF are actually the result of Hamas incompetence and POS missiles?
            We'll never know for sure, but a Breitbart citation of an IDF statement is I'm sure a very useful metric to go by.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yes to aerial bombardment. Send troops/special forces in there if need be and seize them.
              Not according to international law they're not, genius.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

We'll never know for sure, but a Breitbart citation of an IDF statement is I'm sure a very useful metric to go by.
                No different than HuffPo or any number of the MSM outlets citing a Hamas official.

I suppose that it all depends on which side your bread is buttered.
                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  It's amazing how not a single Palestinian soldier was killed. Not one. EVERY Palestinian that died was a civilian, each and every one.
                  And they've got the photoshopped "evidence" to prove it. Countless examples of image manipulation over the years that would make Goebbels blush and the anti-Israeli types, here and elsewhere, continue to lap it up.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    No different than HuffPo or any number of the MSM outlets citing a Hamas official.

I suppose that it all depends on which side your bread is buttered.
                    I don't hear anybody apologizing for Hamas. I hear a lot of people apologizing for the IDF.
                    Cornell University

Comment

I don't hear anybody apologizing for Hamas. I hear a lot of people apologizing for the IDF.
                      More of your GD moral equivalence? I hope Israel kills every single one of 'em and solves this problem once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        More of your GD moral equivalence? I hope Israel kills every single one of 'em and solves this problem once and for all.

Every single what? Palestinian?

More of you moral depravity?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                          Is there anybody you don't want to see killed? A lot of anger has built up over your 100 years on the planet....
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Every single what? Palestinian?

More of you moral depravity?
                            There is only one rule of warfare - win, don't lose. If a village is hiding munitions, is the village innocent?

We've put too many rules in. The "let God sort it out" rule may be relevant in this case.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              There is only one rule of warfare - win, don't lose. If a village is hiding munitions, is the village innocent?

We've put too many rules in. The "let God sort it out" rule may be relevant in this case.

I don't disagree with the win, don't lose idea.

That's a far cry from "Kill every last one of them."

If a bank robber uses a baby to shield himself from the cops, is the baby innocent?

The village may be the baby or is it always black and white?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                There is only one rule of warfare - win, don't lose.
                                It all comes back to Game of Thrones...

Comment

Working...
                                X