X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Huh. It turns out that Congress was notified. Even John McCain approved. What a shock.
    Another knuckledragger piles on the President. Can't these guys leave politics out of this? I'm starting to think there is something to all these claims of racism.

“I don’t like it when the White House says the Intelligence Committees were briefed. Because we weren’t. Dianne wasn’t. I wasn’t. Saxby [Chambliss] wasn’t. [Sen. Richard] Burr wasn’t. And [Sen. Ron] Wyden wasn’t. And we are the five senior people,” said Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.), a former Intelligence Committee chairman. “Even that I can live with, but when they say, ‘Oh yes, they were briefed.’ What they are referring to is 2011-2012 when I was still in grade school.”
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Jeebus, no one gets a stupid joke in these threads do they? Of course I've heard of the BNP, and I'm sure there are other neo-fascist parties in Europe that are similar, but what percentages are we talking here?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Jeebus, no one gets a stupid joke in these threads do they? Of course I've heard of the BNP, and I'm sure there are other neo-fascist parties in Europe that are similar, but what percentages are we talking here?
        Higher than you think. During the 3 years I lived in Switzerland, their far right party won votes (>60%) to 1) Ban minarets at private mosques (poster: cartoon of menacing eyes behind a burqa standing in front of minarets stylized to look like ICBMs), and 2) automatically deport foreigners for any infraction (poster: cartoon of 3 white sheep kicking a black sheep off a red mountain covered with white crosses). And this is a NEUTRAL country...
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
          Another knuckledragger piles on the President. Can't these guys leave politics out of this? I'm starting to think there is something to all these claims of racism.

Plumbing the outer reaches of credulity again? "These guys" aren't the only ones playing politics here. A president facing an embarrassing scandal that has members of his own party criticizing him (who desperately wants to change the subject) suddenly pops up in theatre to schmooze with the troops then announces the return of a "POW" (complete with Rose Garden photo op) from a war he's winding down. Who could possibly construe that as "playing politics?"

And if you're going to play the race card ("I'm shocked") why not just admit that you think any opposition to or disagreement with this empty suit is "racist." "I'm starting to think" conveys two unlikely notions, that you think and that this willingness to attribute racism is something that has developed over time, rather than your default position.
          Last edited by Old Pio; 06-05-2014, 07:10 PM.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            There's a big gap between desertion and being a traitor. Care to back up your allegations which are going way past what anyone else is claiming?
            Tell that to Eddie Slovik.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              Plumbing the outer reaches of credulity again? "These guys" aren't the only ones playing politics here. A president facing an embarrassing scandal that has members of his own party criticizing him (who desperately wants to change the subject) suddenly pops up in theatre to schmooze with the troops then announces the return of a "POW" (complete with Rose Garden photo op) from a war he's winding down. Who could possibly construe that as "playing politics?"

And if you're going to play the race card ("I'm shocked") why not just admit that you think any opposition to or disagreement with this empty suit is "racist." "I'm starting to think" conveys two unlikely notions, that you think and that this willingness to attribute racism is something that has developed over time, rather than your default position.
              I think that you need to hit the reset button on your sarcasm meter.

I'm giving MSNBCPriceless grief for defending the White House propaganda that is being destroyed by two of the most liberal Senators around. The racist bit was meant to be ironic since Jay Rockafeller claimed opposition to Obamacare was racist so "logically" opposition to this swap must be racist also.

Sarcasm doesn't play out well on the internet sometimes and it surely loses it's punch when explained. Regardless, it's still my second favorite "asm"
              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
              Groucho Marx
              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
              Ron White
              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
              Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                I think that you need to hit the reset button on your sarcasm meter.

I'm giving MSNBCPriceless grief for defending the White House propaganda that is being destroyed by two of the most liberal Senators around. The racist bit was meant to be ironic since Jay Rockafeller claimed opposition to Obamacare was racist so "logically" opposition to this swap must be racist also.

Sarcasm doesn't play out well on the internet sometimes and it surely loses it's punch when explained. Regardless, it's still my second favorite "asm"
                Fair enough. As it stands now, I doubt Sgt. Patty Hurst will be convicted of anything and almost certainly won't face any time at Leavenworth. Desertion, maybe. Dishonorable discharge, maybe. But that's about it. Everybody's spinning this case to beat the band. One thing that can't be spun: he was in the hands of one of the world's most ruthless groups for 5 years, by himself. No other Americans to help him cope. Try to imagine how alone that was. And how vulnerable that made him. These are people who will behead an enemy for sh*ts and giggles, then put the video on YouTube. There's plenty of ambiguity here. Plus, five years in the hands of those savages, with the constant threat of being killed, is probably punishment enough. The Army may think it's got to air the issues involved here in a court martial, to get them on the record. But I can't see him spending a day in confinement.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 06-06-2014, 11:39 PM.

Comment

This may make "spray and pray" a useful tactic.... http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-around-corne/
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Sounds like Iraq is working out nicely
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Sounds like Iraq is working out nicely
                      On the other hand, I had to do a double take when I found out the terrorists' group is called ISIS. Definitely had to make sure it wasn't an Onion article pulling in an Archer reference.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        On the other hand, I had to do a double take when I found out the terrorists' group is called ISIS. Definitely had to make sure it wasn't an Onion article pulling in an Archer reference.
                        I was thinking the Egyptian Isis, goddess of life and magic. It would be somewhat ironical.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Iraq can go screw. Not sure how much more we were supposed to do for those people, but a Balkan like breakup is the only hope for that shi thole. Kurds go here, Shiites there, Sunni's over there, and now everybody play nice in your new countries.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Iraq can go screw. Not sure how much more we were supposed to do for those people, but a Balkan like breakup is the only hope for that shi thole. Kurds go here, Shiites there, Sunni's over there, and now everybody play nice in your new countries.
                            Tribal loyalty trumps artificial borders. Ditto for Africa?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              This is why all the money we've spent in the Middle East on war is a complete waste of resources. Iraq is now lost and everything we did there was pointless. Same think will happen in Afghanistan.

Next Middle East war needs to mimic the Gulf War. Get in, get done, get out.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Tribal loyalty trumps artificial borders. Ditto for Africa?

Maybe. Not as familiar but I think if people were forced to live together under artificial borders crafted eons ago, and then peace was imposed by a dictator, once that lid is off it might just be better for everyone to go to their respective corners. No its not ideal, and it would be nice if everyone could learn to live together, but its realistic IMHO.

Iraq IIRC was carved out and created after WWI. You have three ethnicities kept under control by brutal supression tactics (Saddam Hussein, etc) that are now looking for payback. That's a recipe for disaster. Yugoslavia had a similar situation - Communist era enforced union under Tito, etc. Once that's gone all hell breaks loose until people all go their separate ways. Allowing those people to do so was a wise move.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X