X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You appear to want the US to police the World as much as anyone else does.
    Yeah, that's me all over.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Yeah, that's me all over.
      Well, you want to protect Turkey. I don't understand how the hell we're obligated to defend them when they've done NOTHING in their own backyard while we've blown trillions and lives.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        They're more responsible for the three state Iraq solution (the only one that made sense) not happening because they cower in fear every time the Kurds are mentioned.

Yes, kick them out of NATA. Fine with me. They're worthless anyway.

You appear to want the US to police the World as much as anyone else does. I don't. Complete waste of money, treasure, time, and effort.
        He's an employee for a defense, has a vested interest in the US spending money on these sorts of things. In economics it's called "rent seeking".
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          He's an employee for a defense, has a vested interest in the US spending money on these sorts of things. In economics it's called "rent seeking".
          Isn't that Lynah? I didn't think Kepler was employed by a defense contractor...
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Frankly, end NATO. It's another waste of time and money. We spend more money on defending Europe then they do. Time for that to end.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Isn't that Lynah? I didn't think Kepler was employed by a defense contractor...
              Lynah might be defense also (I thought energy sector out in Cali.), but I know Kepler has flat out stated that he does, joking about it a couple times while rooting for more missiles (or something) to be used in the Middle East.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

So Canada was able to muster up a full half-squadron of fighters, two recon planes, and an airborne fuel tanker. Gee, thanks. Were they going to add a few spit wads into the mix, too?
                You forgot the ice rinks. Curling and Hockey will save the world!

Oh and Timbits.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Lynah might be defense also (I thought energy sector out in Cali.), but I know Kepler has flat out stated that he does, joking about it a couple times while rooting for more missiles (or something) to be used in the Middle East.
                  This is correct. Lynah makes things that fly, fly. I make his things that fly make other things go boom.

Together we are basically the entire US economy except for lawn chairs and Cheetos. So be nice.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Turkey is in NATO because:

1) The US wants every forward deployment base we can get surrounding those delicious Middle Eastern oil reserves

2) As a symbolic gesture that Turkey is "part of Europe"

3) Because Turkey used to be a secular counter-example to the religious states of the Muslim world
                    The Bosporus and Dardanelles might have something to do with it too.
                    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                      The Bosporus and Dardanelles might have something to do with it too.
                      I'm not sure we really need to project seapower into the Black Sea anymore. The Sixth Fleet can pretty much hit anything in the Caucasus from anchor off Naples, and the food is better.
                      Cornell University

Comment

I'm not sure we really need to project seapower into the Black Sea anymore. The Sixth Fleet can pretty much hit anything in the Caucasus from anchor off Naples, and the food is better.
                        I'm not saying it's necessarily a current need, just that I suspect that it was a perceived benefit at the time Turkey was admitted.
                        Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                        Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                          I'm not saying it's necessarily a current need, just that I suspect that it was a perceived benefit at the time Turkey was admitted.
                          As a way to grind Ivan's gears, yeah, I can see that.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Kim Jong Il?

Apparently so!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/08/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This is correct. Lynah makes things that fly, fly. I make his things that fly make other things go boom.

Together we are basically the entire US economy except for lawn chairs and Cheetos. So be nice.
                              I like to think of it as I make the guns, Kepler makes the bullets. Shoot 'em up, baby!

(in particular, I work on technologies to improve the energy efficiency of aircraft, so that's the tie-in to my interest in energy topics)
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                I like to think of it as I make the guns, Kepler makes the bullets. Shoot 'em up, baby!

(in particular, I work on technologies to improve the energy efficiency of aircraft, so that's the tie-in to my interest in energy topics)
                                I knew it. You're one of them pinko commie tree huggers.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X