X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Global War on Terror 5.0: Putin on the Risk

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yet, we never learn. He we are in Iraq and Syria now. No more ****ed up countries on the planet than those two.

Stay OFF the ground, Obama. I don't care what all those Right Wing Nut Jobs like McCain, King, Lindsey, and Ryan say. If they whine tell them to go pound some sand over there themselves.
    Ryan's for intervention? That contradicts all the libertarian-except-more-corporate-welfare-nom-nom-nom Cato nonsense he peddles. I don't expect him to be completely consistent (he is, after all, running for president), but that's as craven a contradiction as the Fundy-Randian eejits.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Ryan's for intervention? That contradicts all the libertarian-except-more-corporate-welfare-nom-nom-nom Cato nonsense he peddles. I don't expect him to be completely consistent (he is, after all, running for president), but that's as craven a contradiction as the Fundy-Randian eejits.
      http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/politics/paul-ryan-isis/
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hey, more wars = defense stocks go up = more GOP campaign contributions! Reminds me of the time Dogbert ran for President and declared he needed to form an unholy alliance with the military-industrial complex for campaign contrubutions. In the next panel an excited defense industry CEO says "You're willing to attack allies!!!" Where Dogbert replies "It has the highest ROI."
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Reports in that ISIS/L beheaded another prisoner - another Brit.

BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking 3m minutes ago
          Video released purporting to show Islamic State killing British hostage Alan Henning http://bbc.in/1xM3vwp
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Savages from the religion of peace behead another Brit. **** them all.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
              There are 1.6 billion Muslims on Earth. At least 1,599,999,000 have never beheaded anybody. In fact, we killed more innocent civilians in Iraq than ever beheaded anybody.

So let's just **** all the bigots instead. It'll be faster. Don't worry -- some of them are Muslims.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Hey, more wars = defense stocks go up = more GOP campaign contributions! Reminds me of the time Dogbert ran for President and declared he needed to form an unholy alliance with the military-industrial complex for campaign contrubutions. In the next panel an excited defense industry CEO says "You're willing to attack allies!!!" Where Dogbert replies "It has the highest ROI."
                Fair enough.
                Cornell University

Comment

There are 1.6 billion Muslims on Earth. At least 1,599,999,000 have never beheaded anybody. In fact, we killed more innocent civilians in Iraq than ever beheaded anybody.

So let's just **** all the bigots instead. It'll be faster. Don't worry -- some of them are Muslims.
                  Innocent civilians are being killed all over the Middle East by many folks. At least we generally go to some lengths to try to avoid civilian deaths, instead of targeting them. I don't think that's a very valid comparison.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    Very smart savages if they can goad the most powerful and secure nation on the planet to engage in military action abroad in response to the beheadings of a dozen people, which is 1,288 fewer deaths than are caused every single day in this country from cigarette smoking.

U.S Dept. of Health and Human Services: The Health Consequences of Smoking--50 Years of Progress: A Report of the Surgeon General.

I'm not a tobacco (or alcohol or any other life-risk) Nazi, but we need collect our thoughts for a second and figure out where the most serious threats in our lives are coming from.

I don't know how many of you have seen Charlie Chaplin's City Lights, but it's a great flick and has a hilarious dance hall scene where Charlie and another drunk keep taking their suit jackets off to fight in response to some perceived insult. Reminds me of the way some hawks react to fools out there like Ahmadinejad.
                    Last edited by burd; 10-03-2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

To counter your inference that I'm a bigot, I was referring to the ISIS savages, not all Muslims. Having said that, it's far past time for the moderate Muslims around the world to speak up against the atrocities being perpetrated against members of their own religion as well as the "infidels".
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Thank you. If I had a quote in my sig this would be it. I would expand this, however, to the entire Middle East from Egypt to Iran and from Turkey to Yemen.
                        Except that the Iraqis and many others in the region didn't hate us until we went back in, and I know of this because of the time I spent there within a few years of GWI. The strained relationships from GWII aren't unrecoverable but there's no road map for getting back.

Comment

I'm not sure what is funnier - Fishy trying to pass that drek off as his own or that he even understood the nonsense they were trying to propagate.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Repeating from an earlier post:

LWNJ: BUTITSFORTHECHLDREN!!!!!!
                            I totally read that as "but t.i.t.s for the children!"
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I totally read that as "but t.i.t.s for the children!"
                              I think NABA has itself a new twitter hashtag.

Comment

Oh goody. The feminazi knocker brigade is out.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X