Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bull!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bu

I've been a Ferrari fan my whole F1 fan watching. But not after this season and not again until Vettel is gone. I have zero, none, nada, no use for Vettel!!!! *** is Ferrari thinking? This year has proven that Vettel has been overrated by a dominate car in the past seasons. I assume this means that Alonso is gone. Ugh. I'm not sure I can even watch this weekend and Suzaka is one of my favorite tracks. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
    My Four Favorite teams:
    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      She wasn't going to amount amount to anything anyway in F1. It was all a PR move.
      Danica's entire career is what you call a PR move.

Simona is a driver. Dedicated to her craft. You get that impression immediately when you speak to her, which I have done at various times.

I have no doubt she would have done better than some of the other pay drivers. But, like many other drivers of capable but perhaps not WDC talent, most don't get the chance to find out, for many reasons. That's the nature of the sport.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by MattS View Post
        I've been a Ferrari fan my whole F1 fan watching. But not after this season and not again until Vettel is gone. I have zero, none, nada, no use for Vettel!!!! *** is Ferrari thinking? This year has proven that Vettel has been overrated by a dominate car in the past seasons. I assume this means that Alonso is gone. Ugh. I'm not sure I can even watch this weekend and Suzaka is one of my favorite tracks. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
        Let's not forget Vettel won in a Toro Rosso. And got two poles for them.

He's no wanker who got lucky with a dominant car. He's very talented who got lucky with a dominat car. There is a difference.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Re: 2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bu

Originally posted by MattS View Post
          I couldn't agree more re: Vettel. F that p rick

also looks like Alonso to McLaren is real.

Adrian Newey is backing out of car design so RB I think will be about a 3rd-5th place team in the coming years.

So...where's Ross Braun?

I've not heard his name mentioned anywhere for some time now
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

We may not have a race tomorrow due to a Super typhoon that will hit the Sazuka area starting tomorrow with landfall on Monday.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Let's not forget Vettel won in a Toro Rosso. And got two poles for them.

He's no wanker who got lucky with a dominant car. He's very talented who got lucky with a dominat car. There is a difference.
              Yeah, he got that win but IIRC it was in the rain/changing conditions and I thought it was only 1 pole. But still you're right it was a win in a iffy car and certainly shows he is talented.

I do not think that Vettel is a "very talented" driver at least in terms of ranking F1 drivers. I think that Alonso and Hamilton are for sure better drivers without a doubt. I certainly think that Vettel's 4 WDC are due more to the dominate car and a weak teammate than his pure driving talent. Reference this year.

I can't wait for the Italian press to chew him up as soon as he sucks and starts to get beat by his teammate (Kimi?).

And now that I am cooled down some, I will still root for Ferrari, but it will have to be for whomever the second driver is. I guess Kimi for next season and then probably either Hulk or Bianchi.

And what is Ferrari thinking? Do they honestly think that Vettel has more talent than Alonso and can do more for them? I would have thought that this season would have lowered Vettel's stock. I would have thought that the past two years would have strengthened Alonso's position. I guess Alonso must have gotten fed up with the changes and crappy cars at Ferrari and have essentially given up on them and told Ferrari of his intentions to move to another team. So must be McLaren for Alonso now. I wonder if it will be an Alonso/Button or Alonso/Magnussen? I would think these moves will force Button into retirement unless Honda has a say. If so that is a shame.
              Last edited by MattS; 10-04-2014, 09:13 AM.
              My Four Favorite teams:

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

And Mercedes looking dominate today in qualifying. I guess weather will be huge tomorrow. As much as I like Massa, I wouldn't want to be lined up right behind him tomorrow. He's terrible in the heavy wet.
                Last edited by MattS; 10-06-2014, 08:54 AM.
                My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

So the race promoters decided to not run the race early- ugh.

The delays, the weather, and some decent racing- but the race gets called due to a massive crash. Hope Bianchi will be ok.

Comment

What a mess was today's race. I find it hard to believe that the FIA and especially Bernie couldn't force the promoter to start the race early due to weather conditions and driver safety. I call BS on that.

Before the ending the racing was decent although Suzaka is a track where I really like the racing to be dry since it's such a good track.

Bianchi's crash must be horrific since the FIA will not release the footage of it. I hope for a satisfactory recovery for him.
                    My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

Not to be too un-caring, but I can't help but wonder if Bianchi's injury will mean Rossi will get his ride this weekend.
                      My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

What a mess was today's race. I find it hard to believe that the FIA and especially Bernie couldn't force the promoter to start the race early due to weather conditions and driver safety. I call BS on that.
                        I agree. This seemed a bit strange. Like the FIA and Bernie have ever allowed someone else to bend their will... Then again, the promoter is Honda, so they do wield more power than a "normal" promoter.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Not to be too un-caring, but I can't help but wonder if Bianchi's injury will mean Rossi will get his ride this weekend.
                          Admittedly, I thought the same thing.

However, though the teams are contractually obligated to run two cars in each race, there is a force majeure allowed in extreme circumstances. Being just one week after this situation, Marussia may be allowed to run just one car at Russia, or perhaps withdraw the team entirely.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

I agree. This seemed a bit strange. Like the FIA and Bernie have ever allowed someone else to bend their will... Then again, the promoter is Honda, so they do wield more power than a "normal" promoter.
                            I didn't know Honda was the promoter, so I guess it is possible they could rebuff Bernie and the FIA. It still seems unlikely though.

However, though the teams are contractually obligated to run two cars in each race, there is a force majeure allowed in extreme circumstances. Being just one week after this situation, Marussia may be allowed to run just one car at Russia, or perhaps withdraw the team entirely.
                            I did not know this. However I would highly doubt a Russian owned team would not run two cars in the first modern Russian GP.
                            My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

Admittedly, I thought the same thing.

I suspect they will race. Jules may be in very bad, bad shape, but he's still alive. Racing has a way of moving on.

There is a video of the crash, incredible and really shocking. That tiny car was able to make the crane move quite a bit- the Marussia was moving really fast at impact.

Comment

Just saw the video. Wow. I am amazed the Jules is still alive.
                                My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

Working...
                                X