Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bull!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bu

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    No surprise. Let's see if something comes of it.

Though to be honest, I don't see Rossi doing much in F1. It's not like he's been wowing anyone in Formula Renault or GP2.
    I agree. Before this season, I had thought that Rossi had F1 caliber talent. Now, I'm not so sure. Granted Caterham GP2 isn't a top level team, but still I expected more out of him. At least a podium or two.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    At least Gene would get some interest in the US with a US car and US driver. Most of us don't expect anything for a couple of seasons.

on the other hand, it would be great if Rossi was one of those guys who ordinary in the lower series, and brilliant in F1.
    I hope you are correct. I think he is quick (he qualifies fairly well) but I also think he is prone to making a mistake or two and that leads him to either get wrapped up in a crash or he just can't make enough overtakes to get to the front.
    My Four Favorite teams:
    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

• Re: 2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bu

good news for Rossi but I wonder whether Conor Daly shouldn't be the one getting that ride...although considering the $ involved, even if Haas sticks it out there's no way he's competitive until about 2017 at the earliest.

Re: Tony Stewart. I just re-watched that video and I'm beginning to think it's possible Tony tried to avoid him in that when he's right on the kid or the kid was by or just past the front right tire Tony seems to gun it and turn the car right which moves the rear of the car left (assuming Tony was intentionally moving the rear of the car to the left)...does anyone else see that?
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

NASCAR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS, SO THEY CAN NOT BE SUED!!!!!!!!!

Good heavens. I love how everybody comes out of the woodwork when something like this happens and think they are suddenly experts of racing. And of course, these so called "experts" just know that NASCAR is racing and if anything happens in racing, it must be NASCAR.

I hate to break it to you, but NASCAR, no matter how popular it is, is just one small segment of the huge sport that auto racing is. And it's nothing on the worldwide scene. Heck, more people in Finland watch Formula 1 than NASCAR ever gets for TV ratings.

It would be as if a dual athlete did something stupid in the NFL, and people say, "Oh my, MLB is going to get sued." NASCAR has nothing to do with what happened in Canandaigua.

Now, as for Tony Stewart himself getting sued, no doubt that will happen. And he will settle it faster than they can file it to make sure nothing comes out in a public court.
        Settle down, Beavis. That's not what he said.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

He's on a roll!
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            He's on a roll!
            That's right, I'm on a roll.

I needed some quote to set me off. Whether dxmnkd316 was making a statement on our legal system or not, didn't matter to me. There were some comments on here that were making me go nutty, and I picked the one I did, appropriate or not, to start my rant.

BTW, si.com has a good article on all the legal ramifications Stewart could be facing.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
              I agree. Before this season, I had thought that Rossi had F1 caliber talent. Now, I'm not so sure. Granted Caterham GP2 isn't a top level team, but still I expected more out of him. At least a podium or two.
              Caterham GP2 is a separate entity from the F1 team. The GP2 team has had some decent showings over the years.

But the key is the old adage, the first person you have to beat is your teammate. Rossi just hasn't done that in FRenault and GP2.

I also wonder if Conor Daly is more talented, but then he hasn't done much in GP2 this year after a quite decent effort in GP3 last year.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Caterham GP2 is a separate entity from the F1 team. The GP2 team has had some decent showings over the years.

But the key is the old adage, the first person you have to beat is your teammate. Rossi just hasn't done that in FRenault and GP2.

I also wonder if Conor Daly is more talented, but then he hasn't done much in GP2 this year after a quite decent effort in GP3 last year.
                I know they are two different teams but that doesn't mean Caterham GP2 team is very good. I wouldn't call 4 wins in 4 years good. Especially when compared to DAMS or ART. I thought Rossi had progressed nicely until this season. He had a very good run in FR3.5 in 2011 but after than he has fallen some but I again, think part of that is because of his involvement with Caterham.

I think Rossi is the better driver for European style racing compared to Daly but I think Daly is the better diverse driver. I wouldn't write Daly off until he gets another season (hopefully) of GP2. Except for the special talents like say Hamilton I believe it takes a year after jumping up a class to become proficient.
                My Four Favorite teams:

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                  I know they are two different teams but that doesn't mean Caterham GP2 team is very good. I wouldn't call 4 wins in 4 years good. Especially when compared to DAMS or ART. I thought Rossi had progressed nicely until this season. He had a very good run in FR3.5 in 2011 but after than he has fallen some but I again, think part of that is because of his involvement with Caterham.
                  Four wins versus ZERO points is a huge difference. LOL

But seriously, Caterham might not be a DAMS or ART, but they are capable of winning. Heck, Rossi did so last year. But, Rossi still should be doing better if he is a true F1 talent.

I think Rossi is the better driver for European style racing compared to Daly but I think Daly is the better diverse driver. I wouldn't write Daly off until he gets another season (hopefully) of GP2. Except for the special talents like say Hamilton I believe it takes a year after jumping up a class to become proficient.
                  I agree.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Four wins versus ZERO points is a huge difference. LOL

But seriously, Caterham might not be a DAMS or ART, but they are capable of winning. Heck, Rossi did so last year. But, Rossi still should be doing better if he is a true F1 talent.
                    Agreed. He should have been doing better this season. At a minimum beating his teammate.

I still believe that Rossi has the speed and quickness to be a good driver. A WDC, well no, but a proficient F1 driver's speed and quickness is there. However, his issue is with traffic and mistakes. From what I have watched he needs to learn to pick his spots better and to not use up his tyres too quickly especially when trying to make a poorly advised overtake.
                    My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

Sorry to take this back to sprints ... but they are open wheel ...

Slow mo of the Ward/Stewart event shows something interesting:
                      http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-ste...ing-1618893708
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

That's just the original article, there's no slow motion.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

NASCAR: participants are stupid enough that we have to create a rule stating: Don't walk around the track during a race.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It seems to be a more-than-logical reaction.

http://deadspin.com/nascar-releases-...-ca-1622178679
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                It seems to be a more-than-logical reaction.

http://deadspin.com/nascar-releases-...-ca-1622178679
                                The bigger ? is what will the penalty be for not following the procedure? We all know someone will lose their cool.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X