Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bull!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bu

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Penske needs to re-evaluate his driver line-up.
    Why you think this?

His drivers finished 2, 5, and 8 in the 500. They're sitting 2, 3, & 7 in the points. Power has just missed out on the championship how many times now? Three I think? It's not like they are sucking. While Helio will probably never win a championship, he is still highly competitive in the 500 and by Penske's own admission that is really what he cares about. I see no reason why Power won't keep challenging for championships for the near future and he's improving on ovals. JPM is a very good driver who is still learning the new DW12. Plus and probably most importantly they all have sponsorships. They only two drivers I could possibly see Penske being interested in is Newgarden and probably more likely Pagenaud.
    My Four Favorite teams:
    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

• Re: 2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bu

I thought Kimi brought that puncture on himself, but maybe not. I see Alonso is complaining about the tires and I don't blame him, he had a lot of problems, especially under braking.

The indy guys are here in Detroit this week coming up and if you haven't been to belle isle, now that the state runs it, it's pretty nice.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        F1 Documentary on NBCSN right now. The heck with Hawks - Kings.

Great line by Sir Jackie about racing in the 60's - "That's when the cars were dangerous and the sex was safe."
        Watched the 90 minutes I recorded. Very interesting, but very disappointing that Cevert got about a half-hour and Villeneuve only got about 30 seconds and a graphic.
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
          Why you think this?

His drivers finished 2, 5, and 8 in the 500. They're sitting 2, 3, & 7 in the points. Power has just missed out on the championship how many times now? Three I think? It's not like they are sucking. While Helio will probably never win a championship, he is still highly competitive in the 500 and by Penske's own admission that is really what he cares about. I see no reason why Power won't keep challenging for championships for the near future and he's improving on ovals. JPM is a very good driver who is still learning the new DW12. Plus and probably most importantly they all have sponsorships. They only two drivers I could possibly see Penske being interested in is Newgarden and probably more likely Pagenaud.
          Power keeps making unforced errors. At IA a few years ago all he had to do was keep RHR in his sights to win the championship and he plants the car in the wall early in the race. That's the most memorable mistake, but every year he has 2-3 instances where he screws up and it costs him the championship. Helio is a great guy, but as you said, he'll never win a championship. I think the jury is still out on JPM, but his age is not his friend.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
            Watched the 90 minutes I recorded. Very interesting, but very disappointing that Cevert got about a half-hour and Villeneuve only got about 30 seconds and a graphic.
            I hate this about F1 docs lately. Just a complete gloss over of the turbo era and the 80's in general.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Will Power has to be the biggest ******* in the INDYCAR paddock. Why not just take everyone else out of the race to guarantee your success d-bag? First Pagenaud and now Newgarden...This guy (WP) really needs a ride in Nascar.

I'd like to see Penske pay for the repairs on Newgarden's car to be honest. Power had no business moving him off line because he stupidly decided to bonzai that corner. grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

One heck of an F1 race this last weekend, though a big thanks for Mercedes for having issues which caused the excitement at the end. Good for Ricardo, bummer for Massa. How far has Ferrari fallen........

I missed the Indycar race, but there was my buddy Power throwing away a win with a speeding penalty again. Good for Carpenter.

Comment

One heck of an F1 race this last weekend, though a big thanks for Mercedes for having issues which caused the excitement at the end. Good for Ricardo, bummer for Massa. How far has Ferrari fallen........
                  Even if Mercedes didn't have issues, there was still a lot of interesting stuff going on, not to mention we probably would have seen another Hamilton-Rosberg fight for the win.

Nonetheless, I'm glad for two reasons -- we'll stop hearing the incessant comments about Mercedes having a perfect season (I never cared whether they did or not, but I was getting tired of all the writers and commentators constantly talking about it) and it was great to see Ricciardo win.

It's also great that Montreal signed a 10-year contract with Bernie.

As for Ferrari, they are officially "just another team" now...
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Nonetheless, I'm glad for two reasons -- we'll stop hearing the incessant comments about Mercedes having a perfect season (I never cared whether they did or not, but I was getting tired of all the writers and commentators constantly talking about it)
                    I agree. The stupid media pushing stuff like the is a waste of our time, especially so early in the season. Hype if with 2 or 3 to go.

Comment

I agree. The stupid media pushing stuff like the is a waste of our time, especially so early in the season. Hype if with 2 or 3 to go.
                      it will be even better if this new competition takes the "pressure" off of a Hamilton-Rosberg feud. That was all that was interesting when Mercedes was 1 second faster than the field.

Comment

FYI - Perez got penalized 5 grid places for not taking the racing line in the Massa crash.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

@Sportsnet: Manager says Michael Schumacher has been released from hospital. http://ow.ly/y4XrM
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            @Sportsnet: Manager says Michael Schumacher has been released from hospital. http://ow.ly/y4XrM
                            Color me cynical, but I find it very interesting that after a bunch of prominent doctors said it's very discouraging that no news has been released by the family for so long, suddenly news is released by the family.

Read between the lines in this latest news. He left the hospital in purely a technical sense. He's no longer in a coma in purely a technical sense.

It's still a very sad and depressing situation and prognosis.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Color me cynical, but I find it very interesting that after a bunch of prominent doctors said it's very discouraging that no news has been released by the family for so long, suddenly news is released by the family.

Read between the lines in this latest news. He left the hospital in purely a technical sense. He's no longer in a coma in purely a technical sense.

It's still a very sad and depressing situation and prognosis.
                              He's awake and probably not much more than that. I don't think we'll see him in a presser any time soon.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

...Given the amount of time w/no news prior to this I really think we won't ever hear from Schumi again. As was stated eloquently below, he may have left the hospital but that's a perfunctory statement at best.

What a terribly sad way for this to end (meaning Schumi ending up with permanent mental and physical disabilities and likely to not be seen in public again)
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X